Ed Scott Heading to B&B!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B, unlike DAYS before and after Scott, already has decent production values, they just need to tighten things a little better. I expect more cohesive directing with Scott on board, since the directing on B&B is very hit and miss.

Also, I don't think they would hire Scott if they didn't want something at the show to change.

• Administrator

Oh Deveney.....that spotlight. What were you thinking. LMAO :lol:

Agreed. DAYS under the team of Sheffer/Scott was pretty good. And too bad he picked the wrong person (Higley) to screw over. I wonder if Scott will bring over "the diva" to help Bradley out, or maybe he'll ask Flannery. LOL

• Members

Quoting SheilaForever from the Recast Thread...

I never thought about it, but you may be onto something...Rhonda Friedman as Ron Weaver's successor. But doesn't Ron Weaver's position also involve a stake in international sales, revenue, and residuals? I think if anyone is taking over Ron Weaver's job it will be someone from the international office. And FYI, I don't think that is fair for Rhonda to have to wait around for someone to croak or get fired to move into their office or their position. I think that's kind of tacky to make someone wait and wait and wait and then oops, no job! LOL.

I still think she was demoted. She'll be HBIC alright...of the production office.

• Members

I don't think Rhonda Friedman was demoted: Ron Weaver is vice-president of BBL, the distribution arm of the show - which he to my knowledge set up after the show was a New World franchise for the first 5 years...

He's also been dealing with most money aspects of the show but also has/had (?) a say when the show went on location to Italy coordinating those remotes.

Rhonda's job is gonna be bigger, I suppose. From the read - "managerial position" - of the article it sounds as if she'll be working even closer to Brad and oversee the whole show with him.

The hiring of Ed Scott is more a slap in the face for Cindy Popp than Rhonda...

• Members

The era Scott and "The Diva" were allegedly reworking the show and sidelining Higley's work was horrific, IMO. The show felt like a softcore GH rip-off with mobsters, Tamara Braun (who I liked), and constant meetings by the docks. I found none of it very entertaining. There wasn't much going on until a climax of violence. It also did nothing for the ratings.

Scott is not a story producer, he wasn't at Y&R under Bill Bell, and then when he tried to be and tried to sideline Kay Alden in 2000, things fell apart. The same thing happened at DAYS when he thought he could also be a writer and storyteller.

Brad knows this, and Scott has probably accepted this as well. Brad is the HW and EP of his show, so Scott won't have any influence there. His strengths have always been in production and execution of the written material. B&B will probably benefit in that regard, though the show has always been widely inconsistent writing-wise.

• Members

I thought the show was good right before Scott was fired. Ava was written off, Stefano came back and we got the hospital lockdown. They were going for a story of Tony and EJ vs John, Tony and EJ vs Stefano and finally Tony vs EJ. Once Scott was out Higley continued with it and John would have something wrong with his head because of what Stefano and Rolf did to him. But one story Higley did rewrite was the Trent Robbins one. In Higley's first episode without Scott Trent all of the sudden had gamling problems even though we before had seen him transfer money to Melanie all the time when she was partying in France. Roscoe Born said that he got rewritten scripts where Trent tried to pimp Melanie out, that's the story we saw play out on-screen. I've heard two other versions of the story, one in which Melanie was Nicole's daughter (the only stuff I'm glad got dropped) and one with Max and Melanie helping Trent with his gamling addiction but he would still remain a shady character. Roscoe Born had worked with Ed Scott and Marnie Saitta on Y&R and they knew Roscoe has wanted a long-term part instead of always playing short-term psycho villains.

Higley also wrote Paul and Morgan Hollingsworth out and was gonna put Philip and Chloe back together but when Tomlin and Whitesell came on it got dropped just like the DiMera story. Another Higley story was Abe running for mayor which Tomlin and Whitesell ended fast by having the mayor murderd so Sami would go to witness protection leading to the introduction of Rafe.

August, September and October of 2008 was an intersting time on DAYS with three different visions. Ed Scott, Dena Higley and Gary Tomlin.

• Members
Brad will have the final say on all hiring/firings, but if anyone thinks for a second Ed Scott won't have any sort of "influence" in terms of the production team he picks to execute Brad's vision, in terms of bossing actors/crew members around and so forth, then one better think again.

I bet some people are worried and they should be. Things are about to be ALOT different over there. Playtime/funtime is over.

Archived