Ed Scott Heading to B&B!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope this means the show learns how to tell a story (shock value and Stephanie berating people isn't a story), and cleans house of dead weight. Nick, Taylor, Steffi, Donna, among others.

Either that or the ratings losses are worrying them.

• Members

Good news for B&B's production values. Though, I am kind of surprised that they hired him.

I was hoping that Y&R would wise up and hire him or Shaughnessy again. The stories would still suck on that show, but at least it would look good aesthetically again.

What does Rhonda's "managerial position" mean? I'm kind of surprised that they've reshuffled the production team.

• Members

If "The Talk" :rolleyes: is marginally successful than I think B&B is done no matter what.

It will be interesting to see if any real changes are made. The show has been coasting for years and the stories are trashy and character-rotting and never seriously followed up on. The show's young set is not great and some of them look like wax figures before age 25. The only who has potential is Hope. You have great actors in thankless roles (Aggie), you have a ton of characters who lost any purpose years ago. They can't rely forever on Stephanie slapping people.

B&B doesn't seem to be the backstage hell that Y&R and DAYS are so perhaps Scott has more of a chance here.

I get the impression that those running Y&R think the show looks great and everything on the show is great. I don't think they will ever make a regime change again...

• Members

I doubt much will change story-wise. Scott will not get to tower over and re-write stuff at B&B like he did with Dena at DAYS or with Kay Alden at Y&R. And plus, Brad Bell is still HW and EP...

Scott will probably pretty much be relegated to production matters, and will likely get to control the production crew. After what happened to him at DAYS, he probably knows his place better now.

Archived