Ed Scott Heading to B&B!

• Members

I have to say that I am quite surprised. The show has needed an "overhaul" for quite a bit and the "Supervising Producer" role is basically a less glamorous title for "Co-Executive Producer."

That being said, Ed Scott will suffer no fools on that soundstage. People who are late, don't want to come out of their dressing rooms, lazy, don't know their dialogue from See Jane Run, and directors who let sh!t like boom mics and cameras creep into shots will be scolded.

Deveney should be fired and will be fired eventually. or maybe that is wishful thinking. She sucks balls as a director, way too campy with her bag of tricks(i.e. spotlight on Taylor in the courtroom during the scab material). No way in hell is Ed Scott accepting this position without bringing some of his own flavor and some of his soldiers in(i.e. Kathryn Foster, who did a great job directing those three off episodes in February of last year).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:rolleyes:

Ronn Moss has never been a GREAT actor, but he's not as bad as people on this board want to make him out to be. He's had several "honest" moments in his work over the years I've watched, where he seemed engaged in what he was doing. The best he's been last decade was when he and Eileen were together. They had really excellent chemistry with each other and probably for the FIRST time since I started watching the show, Moss seemed to really enjoy his work and really enjoyed being a leading man because he had something new and fun to act.

Moss is far from the second coming of actor-dom, but he has proven that if you give him something new and interesting to play and really give him direction, he will do the best he can.

• Members

Not joking. I'm not gonna say Moss is underrated because I feel like he deserves alot of criticism some people give him. But, as I said before, Moss has had moments of honesty in his work over the years that completely fly under the radar because people often think of Moss as a sh!tty actor that the few moments where is he IS decent or where he IS good, no one gives him credit.

• Members
Definitely not out to change your opinion or anyone else's. I just feel what I feel.

I never saw alot of him with Joanna Johnson(even in YouTube clips), but as I said before, I think the best scene partner he's had in the last decade was Eileen Davidson. There was a certain magic in their scenes that really made them a pair you wanted to root for. I remember being so pissed off when Brooke seduced him after one of her rape counseling sessions(pathetic). I loved when Ridge was with Ashley because had his balls back, told Brooke he couldn't go on the merry-go-round with her anymore, etc. and Ronn Moss played those scenes with a certain new energy. It was quite refreshing to watch, for me at least.

I also thought he was good whenever he was in the office with Stephanie after Shane had shot himself with the gun. His performance, IMO, was a lot less campy/theatrical/how loud can I yell, and more like, "Oh sh!t, what am I gonna do?!" Again, it wasn't brilliant, but it was the best I'd seen Moss since I started watching.

• Members

I haven't seen any of the Ashley stuff, I will have to check that out.

The scene I always remember with Ridge was when he gave Caroline the charms for the life they would never have, which basically told her that he knew she was dying. It was such a pure soap scene, yet very moving and well-acted, a big heartbreaker.

I also thought he had some good moments with Sarah Buxton early on.

• Members

I don't get why people constantly say that Ed Scott was a bad fit for DAYS. IMHO he was a perfect fit, production wise, his production values matched those of the show back in the early to mid 90s with it's dark and moody lighting. If anyone was a bad fit, it was the HW under him.

I don't really expect to see much change production wise. Perhaps better performances from some of the cast, but other than that I don't think B&B will see a sweeping change like DAYS saw under him.

• Members

Thanks so much for those. I'd never seen them. No wonder you hated that spotlight. What is that...is she going to talk to Charlie Brown about the meaning of Christmas? Sometimes I think B&B tries a bit too hard now, that must come in part from her.

Even after all these years I still laugh when anyone calls Taylor "doctor."

That stunt double is hilarious. It reminds me of when Chris Farley played Newt Gingrich. :lol:

Archived