Soap-hook-ups-that-make-you-go-eww/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I liked all the "hook-ups" mentioned in that article (save Brooke and Owen) at one point in time. :blush:

Some that instantly come to mind:

Alan and Beth, GL

Marah and Jeffery, GL

Reva and Buzz, GL

Carrie and Lucas, DAYS

Marlena and Josh Taylor's Roman, DAYS

• Members

Frankly, I think most soap hook-ups of the past 10-15 years have made me nauseous.

So many hook-ups are cringeworthy b/c the writers would rather throw characters together w/o proper motivation. There are no shortcuts to successful romances. If you want us to get behind a couple, no matter how unlikely, then you must take the time to get us there.

• Members

Most of B&B's. There is nothing sadder than watching big ol' RubberLipsTayTay macking on the luscious Ric Hearst. That show corners the market on semi-disgusting and badly contrived pairings. Rick went from Pheebs to Taylor to Steffy...Brooke went from trying to hump Nick while he was married to Bridget to being cheated on by Nick with Bridget. (OTOH, the smartest thing Bridge has EVER done is cheat on that manwhore Nick...but I digress.) And of course, the big groaners of all time---Ridge with Bridget and Thomas with Amber.

ATWT---Craig screwing Dani Andropoulous. I don't care that it was twenty five years and a million recasts later---he considered her his daughter at one time.

GL---Marah and NotRichard. And the dreaded Jammy.

• Members

And Dani even called him "Daddy" after they had sex didn't she? Ugh.

Ryan's Hope, Seneca and Kimberly. Just sick, she was barely legal, at best, and she acted like a brat. Seeing this old man in bed with her as she fondled his chest hair was nauseating. Grecian formula did not hide the age difference.

GH - Nik/Liz. Between the grotesque tats, the horrible demeaning way Liz's character behaved, and the wonderful story moment, promptly forgotten, that Nik was the first time she had ever enjoyed sex -- ugh.

GH - Tracy/Luke, thanks to Tony Geary saying that he imagined them having rough sex and Luke spanking Tracy, or whatever.

GL - Cyrus/Harley. He was her niece's boyfriend, for one thing, and while I could have gotten past that and past the rushed storytelling, I could NOT get past those hotel room scenes which were shot in such a cheapie manner that I half-expected to see a little "SpringfieldSluts" logo in the bottom right hand corner, with the cameraman asking Harley to give him some attention.

Archived