All My Children-Wednesday, June 9, 2010

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liza...oppurtunistic bitch. I hate how quickly she turned on David bc Tad took her back and she's now on good terms with his friends and family who all dont give a damn about her. They are making her pathetic. She works better as the town pariah who doesnt care what anyone thinks of her

• Members

Like I said, it was just a whole bunch of children snickering, taunting and finger pointing. NONE of these characters are saints... but they all use David to reconcile their own guilt. It's like, Jake? Really, now. You took Liza to court after you promised her you wouldn't after Colby was born. You cheated on Mia with a nurse in the broom closet in Mia's workplace. You used Amanda for sex and dumped her the minute another woman came your way. You drunkenly called Amanda a hooker -- yet you treat women better than David?

Tad? You killed a man and didn't have the balls to own up to it. That speaks for itself.

Jesse... you're Got-damned corrupt police officer who covered up a murder of a public official and has yet to be exposed. Sit your twirlin' ass down, homegirl.

Angie... You keep cutting corners and putting YOUR hospital and YOUR staff in jeopardy... and also resorted to blackmail to end the maintenance strike because you can't admit that you're in over your head in a job you blackmailed your way into.

Krystal, the blow job-giving kidnapper? Please.

Ryan. Where do I begin?

All of these characters, however, are absolved from their horrid actions because "their hearts were in the right place." Or, as we hear day in and day out "You're a good man, Ryan."

They must have some new definition of "good."

I would buy into the David hate if the people involved were innocent prey. The only person on the canvas I would have a problem with David striking out against would be Opal. She's hella annoying, but she doesn't go out of her way to do heinous things just so she can be reminded how "good" she is.

Also, while I'm defending David, let me just say, as "good doctors," Frankie, Jake and ringleader Angie need to really feel ashamed of themselves. They took away the license of a GIFTED cardiosurgeon. Despite what David has done on the personal battlefield, his GIFT saved lives... and as "good doctors" they should realize that they've just eliminated a good portion of lives that could be saved via David's talent and skill. The writers took away the only gotcha that made any of the "good" characters interesting. The fact that I almost believed them when they would say "Look, I may personally despise the man, but David Hayward is the best man for this surgery." Which allowed the "good" characters to exemplify that quality in them that makes them "good." The ability to rise above their own personal pettiness for the "good" of another human's life.

Now? These people don't exhibit any ability rise above anything. They're taunting little brats who stoop right down to David's "lower" level.

Diatribe OVER!

• Members

I'm sorry, but I just thought this episode was stupid. Minus the Damon/Tad and Damon/Liza stuff, it was just ugh...I am really loving AMC, but there is always at least one episode like this during the week that throws me off. It seemed like such a mess.

Jake and Jessie are both pathetic.

Ryan and Greenlee extra nauseating. Greenlee just happened to look over at a vent and sees something shiny :rolleyes: you could tell the writers so perfectly plotted that together just to give Rylee their daily precious moment to get them closer to each other, and I wonder whose AMAZING idea it was to have Greenlee chew gum and have Ryan use that to retrieve hot mess river troll Jake's ring. Ryan seemed to totally forget about Madison, which I am so bummed about because I was warming up to them. To me, Ryan seems like such a different person when he is with her. Even his face is different to me, lol. When I looked at him today, I totally went back to loathing him. I just don't get why AMC thinks they have to go down the Rylee road again.

The music video montage at the end...I liked the song, but did we really need to see stuff that happened like 25 minutes ago in the ep to go along with it?? And to me, it established what AMC has planned for the future, which is Tad/Liza, and Ryan/Greenlee (:mad:). Turning the audio up extra high on their earlier scenes, where in the sense they "reconnected". Tad asking Liza to be his date at JamanDUH's wedding, and Ryan telling Greenlee he saw the "real" her today. This is all just so manufactured, I hate it.

TOTALLY AGREE!

• Members

Okay somebody needs to explain something to the people at ABCD. These are soap operas, not radio stations and not MTV. What am I saying? Even MTV doesn't do music as much as these shows. Stop it ABC. Stop with the campy musicals, the videos of unknown indie pop wannabes and the musical appearances from Snoop, Rihanna, All-American Rejects and anyone else. You aren't American Idol and you aren't Glee. Hell you're not even Saturday Night Live! Just write me a show I can watch without wanting to [!@#$%^&*] cut myself!

• Members

So true, and to write every other character in town's only story is to react to what that maggot does? Please! David is not a villian in the true sense. He's simply a waste of space.

However, I must be fair and say he was right on target with Jake trying to figure out who the father of Amanda's next baby will be. That was too on point. Amanda's a whore, and if they wish to whitewash the tramp, okie dokie!

Finally, what makes AMC reeks these days is the fact that this big production is for a couple I don't remotely buy. Jake and Amanda and their happy ending? Is this the best we can do? I'd be more than willing to buy Jake having a thing for David because that is all that is written for him. Jake still needs a bath!

ANDREA

• Members

Catching the beginning...wow. It's just all over-the-top. Remember in The Brady Bunch Movie the way they all beat up on poor Jan? I suspect we'll be seeing David in a black wig and stilettos walking the streets with "Mrs. Cummings" soon.

Why did Colby have anything to say? Bitch, your mom is trying to seduce the guy you're talking to as we speak.

She, Amanda, and Angie went to the station a few minutes after Jesse, Jake, and David.

Archived