May 24-28, 2010

Toups

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe that either. But I do believe that she's more attached to AMC now. I think it's closer to her original vision than OLTL. I credit Susan Lucci. IMO, OLTL doesn't have anyone on staff in front of or behind the camera who understands and/or respects Nixon's approach to drama or has enough power to fight for it. AMC is like a corner drugstore that even though it was sold to someone else, the new owners stay in contact with the family that started it and even employs some of their kids whereas OLTL is the shop that got sold to Walgreens.

• Members

Agnes Nixon is definitely more attached to AMC then OLTL and always will be. It is her favorite soap just like ABC likes it more which I will never know why. In my eyes, OLTL was, and will always be the better soap.

Do we have to wait until Monday for the ratings?

• Members

No one cares about soaps because mainstream media and elites have been mocking the genre for 30 years and treating it as a home for idiots and welfare queens. It has come to the point where the writers don't even care and they treat their work as a joke. These people act as if they are slumming it and just think that viewers are so dumb that anything ill pass. People like Bell, Marland, Phillips treated soaps as art and the ratings were great as a result. Yes, more women work today and, clearly, their are more viewing options; however, there is no reason for only 2.5 million viewers watching the third highest rated soap aside from the fact that these shows have mostly become trash.

There was a time when ATWT, Y&R and DOOL were great must see TV; however, once ATWT is gone, I am finished with soaps. Our shows really are silly trash now and I see no reason to tune in.

I agree with the prior post regarding CBS crashing come September. I really do hope it happens. CBS was the last real Full Service network with a line up not totally focused on demos. It has been the drive for better demos that killed GL and ATWT. Older viewers tuned out once good story and great vets were out of sight. I am 34 years old and none of the silly demo friendly stuff any of the CBS soaps are doiung turns me on. I don't give a f**K about the vast majority of under-developed newbies and miss my vets. I love new characters but only when writers take the time to give them personalities.

• Members

I don't care for either show, frankly.

GH I just depise...and AMC I really don't care about, and yeah, I resent the attachment Agnes Nixon has had to it over the years, while virtually ignoring OLTL for decades.

• Members

I loathe FronsTv all they care about are ratings so I give it to them

because of the genre. But I don't waste my time personally watching any of his programming

he's a scary dude to be in charge of anything going out on airwaves

...I gave up soapnet years ago when MVP one season was over

I realized I just wasn't interested .

• Members

Love it, such an apt description!

Really?!?! OLTL had Eterna, the Wild West crap, scads of poorly done mob stories, and that's just the 1980s. AMC imo was always much better than OLTL because it stuck closer to reality (until unaborted fetus boy). I just can't see how anyone could call OLTL better than AMC in the long haul.

• Members

OMG I thought I was the only one to notice it. When I first went to her site I was like wheres the OLTL stuff? It was the first soap she created so that should be her special soap, not AMC.

I wasnt even born until 1991 so I have no clue what was going on much in the 80s on OLTL. Also soaps are NOT based on reality. Its all FICTION, MAKE BELIEVE, FANTASY, ETC. We all have different opinions. To me OLTL is better. I could never get into AMC ever. It was always boring and stupidly written.

• Members

I have seen the site before, and I dont deny that Agnes favors AMC, but I wouldn't go out and say that she just despises and doesn't care about OLTL.

What times did she appear on AMC? I saw her on the 10,000th episode, did she appear for their 40th?

AMC is probably the soap closest to her heart, because wasn't it her first soap bible? I know she had that show's bible before One Life's and maybe that is why she has favored them. And besides, if it wasn't for ABC turning down her All My Children bible at first, One Life to Live probably would have never hit the air.

• Members

She created AMC first, but ABC turned down the bible, and told her to create something more comtemporary so she gave them OLTL. Satisfied with OLTL's success they gave AMC the green light, so technically AMC was the first soap she created.

• Members

I read that on wikipedia but I wasnt sure if it was true. Thats why she has such a connection to AMC. Whoever was in charge of ABC at the time, I thank them. I can see why they would be hesitant in taking AMC. Its really no different from other soaps. OLTL was a soap that dealt with controversial issues and had lots of diversity. It was different. Unfortunately its not as diverse as it should be thanks to Frons. Though AMC was always more popular than OLTL.

Archived