May 24-28, 2010

Toups

• Members

Mondays tend to be the biggest, or one of the biggest, days of the week in viewership. I remember the week of 9/11 when soaps only aired on Monday Sept. 10th, and the ratings were much higher than usual because there was only that one day to show.

I don't think it's a matter of the cliffhanger from Friday causing buzz and a cause to watch Monday's; it's just viewer trend. Lord knows most cliffhanger Fridays are ho-hum these days.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree. If GL had been on NBC it wouldnt have made it out of the 90's.

So glad that One Life went up in viewers and tying GH in demos, I am finally enjoying after the horrible months of March-May. I agree that One Life isnt in as much danger as we think, AMC may be the first ABC soap to go LA move be damned. I hope OLTL stays the highest ABC soap like they did last summer

• Members

I think Monday's usually the highest because people watch their recorded shows within 24 hours so they get counted then as the week goes on they're more likely to put off viewing until the weekend or forego it altogether depending on whether the stories keep their attention. That's my theory anyway.

• Members

It would have made a difference in B&B's individual ratings, though. B&B lost over 900,000 viewers and probably as big a chunk of households Wednesday to Thursday and then gained back about 750,000 viewers on Friday. That big a dip and recovery only comes with a preemption like they had that Thursday, so it's likely the preemption pushed B&B to its all time low household and viewership ratings. If even half the people they lost from the preemption on Thursday had tuned in, they might have even been up for the week.

But B&B probably isn't too concerned about it. If anything, they probably think it means an easier climb up the following week because then they'll have their normal viewership.

• Members

So if this is true we need to throw out last weeks as well. Not all the soaps showed a new show on the holiday. ABC showed all repeats. Days had a new show. So Monday May 31st should be thrown out! Right? How many times was OLTL not shown because of the President? Did you say the same about that?

• Members

First of all, Mark didn't start the whole posting graphs trend. <_< I had to point that out, yeah. When I posted the weekly ratings graphs through the years, no one was interested. Mark also posted that big one since the start of soaps seasonal average ratings.

• Members

Marceline HATES OLTL. Trust.

J/K Marceline.

But I will tell you one thing, I HATE AMC, and this weeks ratings have me in STITCHES!

+giggles+

Way to go AMC! HD and LA are both paying off HUGE dividends.

When OLTL is cancelled soon, I hope it continues to beat AMC in the demos at the very least. It will give me something to bitch about forever and ever!

• Members

I have ZERO problem with people hating on shows, actors or stories I like. Nor do I try to convince other people that their love/hate is wrong. I like AMC, you hate it. You like OLTL, I want nothing more than to be the one to padlock the studio door. Let's play!

Apologies. When I joined this board I remember seeing mainly graphs from MarkH and additional analysis from Jess. I wasn't aware of where it started but I loved it. I didn't mean to overlook your contribution.

Archived