ABC Soaps to Cross Over This Summer Online

• Members

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/10/abc-daytime-soaps-ads-mashup-general-hospital/

With almost an equal number of partners, kids, and scandals between them, ever wonder what Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Bernard) and Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) would have to say to each other? Well, ABC will give you a chance to find out with a series of 10 webisodes showing well-known characters from All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital interacting with one another. They’ll be taped this month but will air on abc.com and soapnet.com (and in shorter form on ABC and SOAPnet) beginning in July.

“We are always looking for ways to drive deeper viewer engagement with our fans,” said Adam Rockmore, SVP Marketing ABC Daytime and SOAPnet. “These webisodes are a fun way to answer a long-standing fan question about what would happen in a soap-mash-up.”

One Life to Live‘s executive producer, Frank Valentini, will direct the 4-minute long scripted webisodes. The pairings will be:

All My Children‘s Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) and General Hospital‘s Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard)

GH‘s Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary) and OLTL‘s Viki Banks (Erika Slezak)

AMC‘s Ryan Lavery (Cameron Mathison) and GH‘s Carly Jacks (Laura Wright)

AMC‘s Greenlee Smythe (Rebecca Budig) and GH‘s Jason Morgan (Steve Burton)

OLTL‘s John McBain (Michael Easton) and GH‘s Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco)

OLTL‘s Todd Manning (Trevor St. John) and GH‘s Damian Spinelli (Bradford Anderson)

AMC’s Angie and Jesse Hubbard (Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams) and OLTL’s Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson)

OLTL‘s Blair Cramer (Kassie DePaiva) and AMC‘s Tad Martin (Michael E. Knight)

OLTL‘s Tess (Bree Williamson) and GH‘s Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna)

GH‘s Maxie Jones (Kirsten Storms) and OLTL‘s Rex Balsom (John- Paul Lavoisier)

--------------------*****-----------------------

These webisodes sound like fantasy scenarios rather than genuine cross overs like AMC/OLTL's baby switch, or OLTL/AMC/GH/PC's Rae storyline.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is so much WTFery that I'm actually offended. Two iconic, legendary characters - not just one but TWO - forced to spend their time and credibility propping one of the most pathetic, destroyed, poorly written characters in daytime. I hate you Frons. I just hate you.

Archived