Y&R Discussion for week of May 3

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From Devin at SOD.com:

May 4, 2010

To be sure, the Lauren/Sarah windup on Y&R was riveting but I still have a few quibbles: Murphy is a highly-decorated helicopter pilot from the Korean War. Uh, that took place in the '50s, has he been keeping his flying license current? Not so sure if I would hop on board that rented chopper with him at the controls, especially at NIGHT!!!!... That old amusement park still has a fully-functioning merry-go-round (including working music)??? Plus, I can't believe every wooden horse, which would fetch a pretty penny on eBay, wasn't stripped off the carousel.... At first, I applauded Lauren for refusing to leave a sickly Jana behind but given their very dire situation, why didn't Lauren stash her pal in a safe hiding place then run for help? But she got to say the best line of the week (and it's only Tuesday) to Kevin and Jana about Sarah: "I didn't survive Sheila to let that bitch take me down." Fab!!!! But, how did Michael not right away see Sarah holding a gun behind her back when they're in a house of mirrors, where, you know, EVERY angle can be seen?

http://soapoperadigest.com/opinions/devinowens/

• Members

+1.

Frankly, I can't think of a soap that hasn't done a sequence involving lookalikes and a hall of mirrors. It's a cheap, ghetto way of generating suspense. But it works if - and only if - you've been invested emotionally in the story from the beginning. Otherwise, you're just wondering why they didn't have Michael pull a gun (outside, perhaps during a rainstorm) and try to figure out which one to shoot instead.

• Members

Yeah, but I'm hoping Sarah has lied about that. Hell, maybe she lied about being Sheila's sister. Maybe "Sarah" is actually (whatshername?) Jennifer Mitchell. Anything to undo that ridiculous retcon.

• Members

AW also had Felicia in a hall of mirrors (she was being stalked and fired her gun and Jason Frame, dead, crashed through a mirror -- only after a trial and imprisonment did they learn she hadn't shot him).

• Members

lol...I just finished watching on CBS.com. I still find it ridiculous that Lauren's hair is clean and perfect and that she and Sarah are wearing the same damn outfit. The previews with her shooting uo the place is dumb as hell, as was Phylls and her crippled ass draggin herslef in there. At least she wasnt using those umbrellas as crutches today.

Oh and now Katherine and Murphy do helicopter airlifts to hospitals!

Do Ashley and Abby live at the Aboot mansion? Did Jack leave his wacked out wife with them? WTF was he thinking NOT going to the police. Patty is at her worse when she feels back into a corner. Does he really think he can handle her?

• Members

LOL! This whole story was just so comical. Especially the part where Lauren/Sarah were trying to convince Michael that they were the real Lauren.

LOVE Stacy Haiduk. HATE this story.

Im so glad Amber/Daniel broke up.

PLEASE soap gods, LET JANA DIE! PLEASE!

Archived