The Talk Shows Thread

All My Shadows

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh no Jack. ATWT was simply atrocious that last couple of years. They had no budget and it showed, but it could have improved if P&G really wanted it to. That really isn't my argument.

The Talk cannot be compared to The View. At least The View started out with an interesting panel. I simply cannot say the same for the Talk. Love Sara Gilbert as an actress, as a talk show host, no so much.

If you're a fan of the show no offense, but I have no problem seeing it leave the airwaves.

• Members

Anyone remember the following talk shows of the mid-90's:

Rolanda (aired late-night here)

Gabrielle Garteris

Mark Wahlberg (not the film actor)

Danny Bonaduce

Suzanne Somers (aired late-night here)

Susan Powder (a half-hour talk show I think?)

Vicki Lawrence

Tempest Bledsoe

Gotta love Sally Jesse... remember those boot camp episodes with those bratty pre-teen girls? Good stuff haha

• Members

WOW... I had a feeling Remini is a bitch on wheels, you can just tell. Holly is a borefest. Having said that, I enjoy watching this damn show... and I don't enjoy the view so much. Maybe because of Barbara's condescending NY attitude, and I just want to slug Hasselbeck in the face, and Shari Shepard thinks the earth is flat (and don't get me started on being ASSAULTED in the supermarket checkout by her bathing suit photos, those chicken legs and linebacker shoulders)... so there you have it. But It will be interesting to see what goes down, I WUV a good catfight. I feel bad for Sara Gilbert, as I think she is genuinely nice, and doens't deserve any BS to come her way. Julie Chen always seems so nice, do you think she's a power-wielding ice queen behind the scenes? Considering she has Les Moonves in her bed, it wouldn't surprise me if she walks around there like queen of the universe.

• Members

LOL, I remember all of those. I'll add:

-Marsha Warfield (guests had to shoot and make a basket when they came on set before they sat down)

-Bertice Berry

-Queen Latifah

-Richard Bey

-Gordon Elliott

-George & Alana

• Members

I wonder if Sharon Osbourne will return from her "break" from The Talk. I can't see her being fired like Leah and Holly, neither of whom I can stand, simply because Sharon runs in a similar circle to Julie Chen, probably a superior circle if you factor in her UK connections, plus she's a headline grabber.

• Members

I remember every one of those, and the ones mentiones earlier... and had forgotten about them ALL! LOL Susan Powter was a RIOT... she was like the anti-Richard Simmons. She would strut onstage in her sweat pants and stand there with her legs apart... like she so agressive and tough, she was just gonna take a piss right there in front of the audience and flip them the bird while doing it! How much of a show can you build around eating 20 baked potatoes with NOTHING on them!

Archived