Sean Young joins the cast of Y&R

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Good news Sean Young fans!

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/02/%E2%80%98the-young-and-the-restless%E2%80%99/

This is my favorite part:

Not that I expect all that much on the nose reporting from hipper-than-thou EW, but how odd to imply that Julianne Moore and Vanessa Marcil returned to soaps because of Franco. Vanessa Marcil has already returned once before (if you don't count the brief 2000 return) and Julianne Moore came back for a few quick scenes in one episode as a token of appreciation to the many wonderful actors who helped her early in her career. She was not exactly sitting around waiting for work.

I also wonder why this is "promising" -- is it because anyone who is famous for something beyond daytime is somehow supposed to improve soaps if they deign to make an appearance?

Poor Adrianne Barbeau didn't even get a mention.

• Members

I simply don't understand why this attitude upsets soap fans. In Hollywood, the soaps are considered bottom feeding. Movies the pinnacle of success followed by prime time. The actors themselves feel that way which it is usual with Franco decides to do a guest stint a soap. C and D list actors like Eric Roberts, Sean Young, and Michael Learned are only on the soaps because they need the work usually due to financial motivation. If there was work to be found elsewhere, they wouldn't be on a soap. The economy has hit Hollywood negatively also. The financing for lots of movies, big and small, have fallen through and networks have made their decisions about the shows they are picking up. This means a lot of out of work actors right about now.

• Members

I'm not upset, I just think it's stupid. There's nothing "promising" about Sean Young playing a barmaid on Y&R. It's an actress who is friends with Eric Braeden and was cast for some long ago name value. Even if Sean Young was able to give a starmaking performance on Y&R she's not in a role that would give her that opportunity so it's pointless. To me "promising" is a very silly way to put it, and this is also very short-sighted, because Sean Young is far from the first person once famous for something else to guest star on a soap over the years. It's not any kind of a shocking trend. On Y&R alone, George Takei, Michael Gross, among others, have appeared, and they are basically about as known as Sean Young or Eric Roberts, if not moreso. And to try to credit Franco with bringing Julianne Moore back to daytime bewilders me.

It also annoys me because EW likes to consider itself very with it and superior, yet they are still peddling the same idea which you could find in a press release.

• Members

YUCK!!!!. So this is the storyline Paul rauch was pimping at the emmys. he said that nikki would be featured in a front bured storyline coming up:( .he forgot to say how the writers will continue to degrade and humilate nikki in the storyline. I have no interest in watching a triangle between nikki/ victor/meggie.

I think maybe MTS and EB are feuding behind the scenes. Their characters no longer have any chemisty MTS looks either bored are pissed in any scenes she has with him also it could explain to why EB went to bat for the crazy SY a woman he has only known for three years.

Can someone please stop EB from using the show as his own personnel sex aid it is embrassing.

• Members

That BITCH! I don't care if she was a paycheque away from hooking, how DARE she think she could step into Jess Walton's stilettos.

I would be really surprised if it's a conflict between Eric and Melody, they've always gotten along famously. They're similar in a lot of ways, she's an ice queen and he's very aloof, they've always stood up for one another. Now, MAB and/or Rauch vs Melody, that, I could see, easily.

Archived