Sean Young joins the cast of Y&R

• Members

crap another ego boost to the over the hill EB. no doubt that SY character will fall for the old abusive pig. while the writers degrade and thrash nikki making her act as a complete idiot and doormat during the whole dumb storyline.

why don't the writers give nikki a storyline instead of using her as prop for victor. I think MTS will be off the show by nov sweeps the writers hate the character.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never head of this woman before but she sounds bad. She reminds me of someone????? She had to cost a fortune and if she is this much trouble they should have no excuse not to bring VR back.

• Members

So, it's just a coincidence that SY and EB have worked together before (on "The Man Who Came Back"), right? Right?

Why do I get the feeling EB has become Y&R's de-facto casting director? Who else will show up from that movie? Billy Zane? Armand Assante?

And why do I feel like "Meggie" will turn out to be Katherine's daughter, but somehow, the whole reveal will be all about that damned Victor Newman?

• Members

Meggie will end up being Adam :P he faked his death cause he was gay... then decided to really stick it to his dad by changing into a woman and seducing him... I think the real coincidence is that Sean Young just happens to look like a dreadful tranny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Boys will be boys; unless they are black, in which case, call the police!

I have nothing against Sean Young--she might even be great; however, can't they find some story for MTS? I miss Nikki and would like seeing her do something aside from babysit Faith. I do hope they make Sean sexy because none of the women on Y&R have Nikki-style sex appeal. I see the show try to use Sharon and Phyllis in this manner; however, the entire Nick is a Morman with 2 wives thing turns my wood into mulch.

• Members

Last I checked, the role of Nikki Newman was not being played by Kim Zimmer. ;)

All joking aside, I don't think Nikki is useless. There's story there to tell. Maria/Paul refuse to give her any. If they wanted to, they wouldn't have had to hire Sean Young to do that. I guess they're gonna kill off Nikki soon.

• Members

She is still on contract, making mega bucks, yet TPTB refuse to put her into the story. My guess is that she didn't make any friends at Sony during the contract fight and this is payback. The are getting viewers used to not seeing Nikki, making viewers dislike Nikki, so they can eventually drop her.

Nikki must have a purpose but I can't think of one off hand. LML tried and failed at giving Nikki a life. MAB used her as a prop for Victor and Kay. Maybe Nikki was just the perfect 1980's sexy love story and that's it.

I feel like Sharron is the new Nikki but she in no way matches up. Sharron tries, fights for Nick but Phyllis these days is the star of the show.

• Members

R in sean young latest interview she confirms what everybody knew EB got her cast as maggie. when in the hell did the over the hill EB become the casting director on the show.

Jamey giddens over on daytime confidenal reported that MTS is still being punished for the contract talks that happen last summer. which isn't helped by the fact that MAB and co hate nikki and have from the start. all they have done is thrash and degrade the character for the sake of EB's character. when LML was writing nikki became stronger stood up to the abusive victor ran for the seneta seat. MTS shined in the storyline she was funny and looked good she also carry that victoria in a coma storyline.

if the writers actually wrote for nikki and got her away from the black hole victor nikki would been a intersting character again instead the writers write her as a prop for her abuser who is only there to stoke his ego. plus the fact that nikki and victor no longer have chemisty.

when ever the writers stick a female character with victor the fans turn completely and hate the woman for be a dumb stupid idiot for being with the abusive victor. it happened with ashley last year when she got back with victor most fans wanted her to go back to LA and stay there. but now that ashley is away from him they like her.

EB and victor are one of the biggest problems on the damn show and has been for a while now.

• Members

Well I def think MTS is being punished and it's probably straight from the top of Sony because even if MAB didnt like Nikki, if Sony/CBS wanted her front burner, she would be. MAB hates the Lily character as well, and you can tell :lol::lol:

• Members

There's an article in the new TV Guide about Sean Young that her character might hold the key to who killed Adam, and that her character will succumb to the charms of Victor

She says she tried to land a previous role and couldn't even get an audition and was pissed, and says she went to EB and said "Please do something" and when the role of Meggie came up she landed it without an audition

Archived