Sean Young joins the cast of Y&R

• Members

She’s had edgy roles (Blade Runner), dramatic turns (No Way Out) and primetime guest spots on series such as ER. But in her 30-year career, actress Sean Young has yet to grace the daytime screen.

But all that changes in mid-June when fans will see her make her soap debut on CBS’s The Young and the Restless, PEOPLE confirms.

Young begins taping her story arc in May when she will play Meggie, a sultry barmaid who gets tied up in a mystery with business tycoon Victor Newman (Eric Braeden). It’s a reunion for Young and Braeden as the pair filmed the Civil War drama The Man Who Came Back in 2007.

“Getting the chance to work with my dear friend Eric Braeden, one of the true gentlemen in entertainment, was certainly a deciding factor for me,” Young, 50, says, “as well as wanting to get back to work after taking a few years off to raise my kids.”

Although their roles will not overlap, Young comes to Y&R just before the return of David Hasselhoff to the soap that gave him his start 35 years ago, as reported on EW.com.

Young joins James Franco and Julianne Moore this year as film stars taking on soap opera parts. Franco appeared on General Hospital while Moore returned for a stint on As the World Turns

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/04/26/actress-sean-young-is-one-of-the-young-the-restless/

any thoughts??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this some sort of shot at MTS, since Sean Young replaced her in a web series when MTS had to pull out?

That woman is a mess, or was for quite a long time. Now we just need James Woods to be recast as the new Steve Williams, and watch the sparks fly.

• Members

Oh this is getting annoying. They're acting like SY is this big, A-list, high-profile, Oscar-winning stah because she did some hit movies in the 80s and 90s. Sorry, Toots, but if you're making the "Where are they now?" page, then doing soaps is not a step down on the ladder for you.

• Members

You know, MyNetworkTV had to replace Sean Young from Wicked Wicked Games(working title "Art of Betrayal"). I think Sean Young was intimidated by the amount of work that went into doing a telenovela. Her replacement was the equally as crazy, but divine Tatum O'Neal. <3

Too much to hope Maria "honors history" by getting Tatum to daytime? I'd be watching this sh*tfest everyday if they had her on. Tatum gave 1000% to Y&R and really took on and embraced the Blythe character.

Sean Young? I'm surprised Maria didn't try to get her friend, Mel Harris, for this role too. :lol:

• Members

This is the woman who rolled around in kitty litter dressed as Catwoman right? She's also the one who scared Tim Burton so much he had to hide underneath his desk until security took her away. That's all I know about her.

I say she scares the crap out of Peter Bergman.

Archived