Sean Young joins the cast of Y&R

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow it has taken a while but once again Y&R's casting news is more entertaining than the show itself.

I hope Victor gets involved with her and then finds out she's really the sex changed football player from Ace Ventura Pet Detective!!

• Members
  • Members

...except with a whiney, nasal voice and dead-eyed line readings.

I usually love the BSCs (and whoever suggested Tatum O'Neal and James Wood should join soaps is an absolute GENIUS). I love Blade Runner, No Way Out and Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (actually, Ace Ventura nearly made me re-evaluate my bad opinion of Sean Young as an actress. She's actually a pretty decent comedienne).

But on Y&R? NO. This show is drowning with problems and has a bloated cast as it is. It needs to cut some of the dead weight, starting with "The Stafford," Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow. Let them all go to some Love the One You're With commune together. If any character should be recast, it is Jack Abbott. Certainly not Jess Walton.

If they want a BSC to bring back, Victoria Rowell is their woman. If she is indeed BSC. I don't think she is. Tatum can be the resident BSC.

Brenda Dickson's time has come and gone. Her acting abaility isn't what it was in 1977.

• Members

Clearly. ;) I was just referring to her looks, there's something there.

If it were great writing, there's nothing I'd want more. Tatum and James. But I'll pass with the state of affairs now.

This is probably a sign of Maria's "recipe" for Y&R's ratings failings: the moments there's a crack or a dip, we'll cover it by adding a new "Oscar"-winner to the show's canvas. :ph34r:

• Members

[broken Record]Tatum O'Neal has already shown she's very capable of doing soap work. She said that the pace of Wicked, Wicked Games absolutely exhausted her, but I think if she were given a fun, meaty role where she could play the same type of crazy or play a woman in power, she could really juice up any cast. For me, Tatum O'Neal was the only "stunt" casting that really worked on those telenovelas. And she essentially recast Sean Young in the pre-production stages of the show.[/broken Record]

Archived