Y&R Discussion for the week of April 5th

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even Sheila hasn't worked as a character in over ten years.

They can try to trash Nina to prop Chloe, as so many others have been damaged to prop Chloe, but it doesn't work for me. She is a very empty character.

• Members

Nina becoming the new Jill would be excellent if I cared more and if better people were behind the show.

About Sheila I don't understand about Sheila being so islanded and wanting to haunt Lauren. Theoretically, read my sig. With Taylor alive and well and what not Sheila should be out in the spotlight with a fresh perspective (like her move to LA) lusting after and devilishly possessing men like she did with Scotty, Eric, James, etc. She really has no real need to deal with Lauren, she didn't for years when they lived in LA unless they crossed paths. THAT is what made her so dangerous in the first place aside from having a bad attitude. It's why her 2002 return on B&B was the only one that worked because it stayed true to her nature.

• Members

Mistake #1 was the staged rape of Cane. Mistake #2 was making her Esther's daughter, which other than a weird attempt at making us pity Chloe (the maid's daughter, in boarding school, boo hoo) which didn't quite work, went nowhere. Mistake #3 was completely cutting her ties to Cane and Lily (I know a lot of people hated that story but it had been built up for almost a year and she wouldn't have been so islanded) and investing so much of her character in Billy, as that relationship never went anywhere anyway and made her look pathetic. Mistake #4 was putting her with Chance without actually having a story for them. I see no storyline and I have not for a long time. A storyline is not wow, Chance isn't going to put out, oh, and by the way, Chloe's awesome.

I also don't know if audience response to this character has ever been what they expected, which may be why they're doing the stunt casting with Eden.

• Members

No, making Chloe Kate Valentine was a fantastic idea. It connected her to the Chancellors and explained just what happened to Esther's daughter. I don't think anyone was supposed to feel sorry for the maid's daughter---in fact, we were supposed to dislike her for treating her mother so poorly.

Archived