Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....


Cheap21

Recommended Posts

  • Members
5 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

Dr. Wendy is trying to play a new character and it is NOT working. Somewhere between a NeNe Leakes and a Jen Shah, she's putting on this persona that falls flat. 

Nah girl, I got @DaytimeFan in my corner, lol 

Please register in order to view this content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Cat

    2943

  • Cheap21

    4255

  • NothinButAttitude

    3529

  • Taoboi

    2584

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
On 8/9/2021 at 4:48 AM, Taoboi said:

POTOMAC

LA DAME. I have mentioned that I felt that La Dame was coming across more vicious. But THIS was more like the La Dame I was used to seeing. Unbothered. If anyone was bothered this time around, it was Gizelle. It showed from the first time La Dame got on the bus. Then just seeing Wendy and La Dame getting along. Then later on at the house. And she was just so...triggered, she had to get that dig in at Ray and the taxes. Oh, delicious irony right now! Meanwhile, all she got from La Dame was DUST!!! La Dame was there to have fun and kiki and she did. She was hilarious on the stripper pole challenge. And I fully expect her to drag Gizelle (and Robyn since she keeps wanting to turn up) next week. 

GIZELLE. Bitter, bitter, bitter. That came through loud and clear for me. I admit that I was surprised that Dean did not react to her like he did La Dame. lol. But she continued to seem so pressed over La Dame's very presence. At La Dame's growing friendship with Wendy. At the fact Mia might be trying to get to know her, but she's TeamLaDame. And it was clear that if she was so upset over what La Dame, she would have done what she said and discussed it outside of the show and/or cameras. So she clearly wanted an audience...yeeeeeah no. She also wanted to start some mess with Wendy by repeating that rumor...well...TWICE. Shown or not shown, she did. Seems like a waste of energy and throwing away any goodwill (or editing) she managed to get over the last few episodes. BUT...it does keep it going. 

 

I think La Dame would *love* for Gizelle to admit to the truths that Monique spilled and La Dame co-signed but without mentioning Monique's name since she's no longer on the show. So yeah, the "wishing death on Ray" spin is reminiscent of NYC's Kelly suddenly having an issue with Ramona during season 4 because of the Scary Island trip from Season 3, which also felt random AF. 

But love 'em or hate 'em, the core four - The Grande Dame/Gizelle/Robyn/Ashley - are still the main draw of this series which I love. After 6 seasons, they don't feel stale. I will FOREVER side-eye ANYTHING Candiace says or does, Dr. Wendy is a wannabe oaf, and Mia is okay but too plastic for me (not to mention the voice sounds like a Kardashian clone). 

6 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

Please register in order to view this content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

 

I think La Dame would *love* for Gizelle to admit to the truths that Monique spilled and La Dame co-signed but without mentioning Monique's name since she's no longer on the show. So yeah, the "wishing death on Ray" spin is reminiscent of NYC's Kelly suddenly having an issue with Ramona during season 4 because of the Scary Island trip from Season 3, which also felt random AF. 

But love 'em or hate 'em, the core four - The Grande Dame/Gizelle/Robyn/Ashley - are still the main draw of this series which I love. After 6 seasons, they don't feel stale. I will FOREVER side-eye ANYTHING Candiace says or does, Dr. Wendy is a wannabe oaf, and Mia is okay but too plastic for me (not to mention the voice sounds like a Kardashian clone). 

I definitely agree. 6 seasons in and the dynamic STILL does not at all feel stale. And love them or hate them, this show knows how to introduce strong newbies...whether liked or not...that bring a different flavor. 

 

2 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

Please register in order to view this content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

Dr. Wendy is trying to play a new character and it is NOT working. Somewhere between a NeNe Leakes and a Jen Shah, she's putting on this persona that falls flat. 

Nah girl, I got @DaytimeFan in my corner, lol 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm 100% Team Jennifuh but this left me

All Shot Dead GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

Re: Wendy, she is definitely trying to imitate a (whispery-voiced) Jen Shah. The problem is that Jen Shah is a pale imitation of somebody else -- pre-fraud Erika Girardi -- who herself is a pale imitation of a 1950s B-movie starlet. It is Xeroxed copy on top of Xeroxed copy on top of Xeroxed copy of an actual human being, someone who pours all their effort into this OTT fake image because they don't like their real selves.

It makes me sad that Wendy felt insecure about herself to this point. There was a moment in Sunday's episode where Wendy told Karen she overdid it with the Ray thing, and you know, she was right. It was a glimpse of the Wendy I would like to see more of -- she talked to Karen straight but kindly.

Next week, we see the GEBs using Wendy's personality transplant to go after her, and consequently, she will be defending her marriage from a position of relative weakness. Because now they've all noticed the new Wenday. "But now we said it!" etc.

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Had to post this. Back in 2010, before she got the BH gig, Rinna and Harry Hamlin had their own reality show on TVLand called Harry Loves Lisa. Here they are hawking it on Today with Hoda and Kathie Lee. And suddenly a call comes in during the interview that their clothing store "in the Valley" (thanks Kathie Lee) is being robbed. 

Hoda and Kathie Lee's faces are priceless. They really are not feeling them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

The Real Housewives of New York City:

  • Ramona, when not acting like Ramona, could work well as a real estate agent... if she's not assaulting those interrupting her... but now she's talking a bit too much.
  • Sonja's date may be a match... but does not seem to be Sonja's technical type. Hoping it might work for her, though.
  • I love how supportive Eboni and Leah are of each other; that is a solid and true relationship.
  • do love that Sonja continues to be voice of solid reason among her, Luann and Ramona.
  • The host of this dinner ain't having Ramona's bullsh*t.
  • Sonja? An introvert? HAHAHAAHAHA. Those flashbacks of Sonja's backside were insane.
  • "She's converting. What are we? Learning. We're just learning." I love Sonja.
  • Ramona is tone deaf AF. She is really missing the complete point, and it's very disappointing.
  • DORINDA! WHAT WERE WE DOING HERE WITHOUT DORINDA!!!!!
  • Well other guests are sitting there wondering why TF they're there and what TF are they witnessing.
  • Producers ALWAYS shade Ramona with flashbacks this season... first with the ladies being late and then her lying about the non-eating thing.
  • The host is DONE. Like, she's ready to check TF out.

Seeing Dorinda on Watch What Happens Live makes me genuinely miss her... can we bring Dorinda back and remove Ramona, please? Jackie Hoffman is ICONIC. Dorinda does need to come back. She feels like herself again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Liberty CityAndy did say Dorinda was “on pause.” I think she’s definitely back. Either with herself or with Bethenny because Bethenny will want an ally. 
 

This makes two weeks where WWHL was the highlight and not the episode. This is giving me Dallas flashbacks where the season has reached a point where it seems never ending yet nothing is going on. And another boring event hosted by Eboni?! My goodness. Luann is in Paris and we have all this talk of reunion filming being delayed which makes me think there’s a bunch more episodes and I can’t take it! 
 

At least give us some more Bershan to inject SOME fun into things. This is just boring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

@Liberty CityAndy did say Dorinda was “on pause.” I think she’s definitely back. Either with herself or with Bethenny because Bethenny will want an ally. 
 

This makes two weeks where WWHL was the highlight and not the episode. This is giving me Dallas flashbacks where the season has reached a point where it seems never ending yet nothing is going on. And another boring event hosted by Eboni?! My goodness. Luann is in Paris and we have all this talk of reunion filming being delayed which makes me think there’s a bunch more episodes and I can’t take it! 
 

At least give us some more Bershan to inject SOME fun into things. This is just boring. 

#La Comtesse was in Paris?? Her natural habitat? Production should be dispatched to France ASAP to film her every move (also, one-half of Victoria and Noel's extended de Lesseps family live over there). Then they could have screened it and I would have been salivating over the locations!

Haven't seen yesterday's episode but I'm feeling scared, lol. 

Please register in order to view this content
 I did see QuaranLeah insisting on being there via Zoom which...  

After hearing Dorinda on Danny Pellegrino's podcast, there is little doubt in my mind that she will be back. She's definitely aiming for a kinder, gentler Dorin this time, but you realise how much she brings to the show.

And I can't believe I'm going to say this... I am going to deeply regret these words, I know it... but I guess bring Bethenny back as a Dorinda ally. As long as the show doesn't become The Bethenny Show, Sponsored by Skinnygirl (Also Starring Other Great Housewives We Edited Down to Make Room for Bethenny Narrating Everything). This is an ensemble cast and that's what I want to see.

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, Liberty City said:

I don't see Bethenny returning. I would be surprised if her name dropped for a return.

I don’t want her back either, but I feel if they can they’ll try. Her HBOMax deal failed and she started talking about the show again, defending the current season and started interacting/following Sonja again. I’m just mentally preparing myself, but hopefully they can develop without her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Cat said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this... I am going to deeply regret these words, I know it... but I guess bring Bethenny back as a Dorinda ally. As long as the show doesn't become The Bethenny Show, Sponsored by Skinnygirl (Also Starring Other Great Housewives We Edited Down to Make Room for Bethenny Narrating Everything). This is an ensemble cast and that's what I want to see.

 

Agreed. The show needs a jolt, and if Bethenny's aspirations for something even greater are dwindling, she can always crawl back to RHONY. I haven't seen Dorinda on WWHL yet, but I'm glad to hear both parties (Bravo & Dorinda) are ready to resume things next season. 

We finally watched last week's RHONY and I LOLed at Ramona/LuAnn busting Sonja's lies story about sleeping with the 25-year-old. 

Side note: Although Leah should not have let the dog run around during filming of the Mariah Carey ripoff music video, as a daddy to two chihuahuas, I thought the little critter was precious

Please register in order to view this content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

  • Community Activity

    1. 187

      General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

    2. 1,807

      The View

    3. 3,708

      Soap Hoppers --The Soap Actors And Roles Thread

    4. 103

      Stars who didn't conquer TV

    5. 34,328

      Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy