Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members
I think Houston will have a black cast as it's one of the fastest growing cities for young black professionals outside of Atlanta. Dallas will probably have white women who are married to oil tycoons or at least pretending to be lol

I agree the formula for women being in a group and getting together to argue is getting stale. RHOA is the only franchise I am still excited to see. I wish they would have canceled New Jersey. Teresa, Melissa, and Jacqueline are stale and a new cast will flop.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I only get excited for RHOA and RHOBH. I like the international housewives b/c they aren't that toxic yet. But I give them another season or two before they do. Oh and RHOC is fine. I actually liked last season. RHONY I am on the fence with as this season will be the deciding factor and I am over RHONJ altogether. I agree that they should've scrapped this show once Teresa went to pin. And keeping Melissa and some of the older castmates and adding new women won't work. We tried it last season and it was a flop b/c we focused too heavily on Teresa.

They can't save RHONJ. Even Teresa coming home can't save it. I doubt she'd even wanna return to the show after getting released. Andy might as well scrap that idea and show.

• Members
It makes her a broke girl, too.

It was speculated by us some years back when Russell Armstrong committed suicide, but we are definitely past the Moldavian Massacre on a lot of the Housewives franchises.

NYC, I think this season will decide if they'll bother bringing them back for an 8th year. The mass firing in 2011 didn't help. They tried with the new cast, but the audience needed their originals. Now, Alex is in Australia and Jill is STILL loathed by the rest of the cast. I'm sure Bethenny's return will help garner interest and ratings, but I don't think they'll get back to season 3-4 numbers. If they hit 2 million at any point this upcoming season I'll be shocked.

NJ, after squeezing out every last drop of story with the same ol' tired five ladies, seasons 3-5, they brought on 3 trashy replacements. Even the producers knew they were effed, and brought back 2 of the 3 ol' tired ladies, and their star, Teresa, was no longer highly favored.

OC, who knows, we may see this one last long enough for Vicki's future granddaughters to stand right along side of her as new housewives. It just keeps on going. Not a "buzz-worthy" show, but a healthy enough audience to keep it coming back.

BH, their momentum ended when it got too dark and they brought on the two flops last year, but this season was a great turnaround. Still, the dynamic of these same ladies can't last forever. I can already think of 2 long-timers that need to go [to rehab].

ATL, I used to think she'd bolt once she made it to Hollywood, but now NeNe and RHOA are like a married couple that want to divorce but stay together reluctantly for the greater good (I.E. Money!). I don't think she's necessary for the group of girls, but she's necessary as the face of the show. I can see this one lasting another few years, but again, some of the long-timers like Phaedra need to be rested. Have her pop up a year later at a party, like a Taylor or Adrienne.

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I think why RhOc worked last season was due to Shannon. She came on, didn't want to.hide anything...and worked to.improve herself and her marriage. Plus, the other women under estimated her. Will be intrigued to.see how season 10 will.handle new housewife katie h quitting midway through filming.

Rhobh worked this season due to Lisa r and eileen.. it would serve the show long term to axe Brandi since Kim actually behaved somewhat when Brandi wasn't around.

Rhonj should have added a newbie or two during season 4 and 5 to keep things from getting stale.

Rhony..too many cast mates and only two r married. I would have dropped Kristen and Carole..and had bethanny as a friend..since it appears that bethanny can't feature her child, isn't sharing about her relationship that has since ended..etc.

Rhoa...too much shade and teams... can porsha and phadra...have Kenya and Claudia as friends...and cast well off housewives who r married.

• Members

Indeed. When Russell Armstrong killed himself, that was the Moldavian Massacre for the RH franchises...Andy even responded to a tweet that someone sent saying the very same thing at that time. He neither confirmed nor denied the accuracy of that depiction. But that's where we are. If the RH was 'Dynasty'...we're in season 7 or 8...it's not quite over, but the light has dimmed greatly.

OC, as the original, has much life left in it. NYC could have a renaissance this season, the buzz is good. BH has another season or two left in it. ATL has become quite toxic and needs retooling. NJ is on life support. MIA is dead. That Bravo is launching more iterations of RH under different titles speaks volumes about how limited the outlook is at Bravo for new programming and that's trouble for the network.