March 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Members

Someone at Daytime Confidential said that OLTL was under-budget, and was making so more money than AMC, so they were using OLTL's money to help pay for AMC's problems.

That was way back in 2008 though. I think people just assumed that everything was still in the up and up over there.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Pratt being gone had a thing to do with people tuning in. How many people knew and cared really aside from onliners. I think it was more the press and attention over the move and the anniversary and the attention related to those things more than anything. Frons will probably spin it so it ties into Greenlees return even though Buddigs last return was a huge bust.

• Members

I can appreciate your sentiments but honestly I will say again, aside from the few hundred onliners, who really knew about Pratt or cared. Maybe a headwriting change helped a bit I don't know. There was an upsurge when Pratt took over as HW and honestly the ratings were not terrible with Pratt in charge and they are now apparently setting back to pre-writing changes. And for all the complaints about AMC's new writing team, who knows they may go through another small surge once they take over.

It's kind of sad that once ATWT goes, ABC will have the 3 lowest rated soaps. Although not having been around for a while, B&B seems to have slipped quite a bit over the past 6 months or maybe it's just my imagination. Days and Y&R to an extent seem to be the 2 that remain somewhat steady.

• Members

B&B has lost a lot of ground. It use to be a strong #2 but is just slighty above all the rest of the shows.

Of course eveyone the reason why OLTL is at 1.8 is because of Kish. Yes, you heard it here first.laugh.gif What was on last week?? More Gigi crap??? with sexy Rexy...UGH!!

Archived