March 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with a lot of the things said about GH...

I would definitely love to see them cut Maurice Bernard. I mean, DAYs cut Deidre Hall, why can't GH cut MB? I would also cut Kelly Monaco, LisaLo, Brandon Barash, Bradford Anderson, Tyler Christopher, Brianna Brown, Nathan Parsons, Drew Garrett, and maybe a few others i cant think of right now.

I would maybe keep Carly, as long as the character was overhauled, and turned into something more edgy and trouble making like she was when she first came on....Because this watered-down Carly is just a bore.

I would really focus on the families. I would resurge the Quartermaines, having ELQ and there shares in GH becoming crucial to the show. Maybe something like ELQ going bankrupt and Tracy ending up in charge, or something entertaining. Definitely push Monica, Edward, Tracy to the front...Even focus on these new Wards and their interactions with the Q's, the same goes for Brook Lynn and Skye (if she was willing to return more often.)

Putting Anthony Geary on recurring would also do the trick. I mean, come on. He vacations for SO LONG, and dosnt get much airtime when he IS on, that paying him for each appearance would be MUCH more efficent in saving money. Sorry JJ, you're gone too...There is no room for Lucky! Who needs him?? The only way I would leave him on the show is if Genie Francis came back, which I would make a priority, because they have chemistry...But I would probably write Lucky out, and have him come back for visits to interact with Laura and Lulu.

Bring back more webbers: Jeff, Sarah, Heather, Lesley...Even the unidentified woman who is Liz/Sarah's mom...Rebuild that family to have good interactions with each other. I think the major families, and their interactions, is what was so great about GH, so that needs to be rebuilt.

Focus on the hospital, groups of doctors, nurses, interns, volunteer's, etc. and their interactions in work, personal, and everyday life. talk about their conflicts with risky surgeries, the romances, the malpractice lawsuits, the friendships, the hardships....Make it about a group of doctors and THEIR interactions, too. I mean why have characters like Robin, Pat, Epiphany, Matt, Kelly, Lainey (where the hell is she??0, etc. if you arent going to use them for anything other than to take care of mobsters when theyre shot??? dumb.

i think if GH did that, it could get it's legs back and try to rebuild itself into even a shell of what it used to be.

• Members

If ABC has the cajones to cut its major actors, it would have done it with OLTL which is most in need of saving. ABC lives and dies by those focus groups and featuring those actors it considers "stars" even as its soaps systematically loses the ratings race. It is amazing how far GH has dropped to Y&R and that Days has climbed and surpassed GH as the no. 2 soap.

You are probably right. No Qs have been died in a couple years.

I can go along with this only if you intend to get rid of Jason also, right? He is worse than Sonny.

• Members

I don't understand how for years OLTL has been the ABC soap operating within budget and now how it's in such a horrible state financially. I don't buy it. Maybe they are cutting most costs there to help the other 2 soaps which seem to be overbudget constantly.

• Members

I know this has been asked before but I can't recall the answer. How do we know OLTL has operated within budget? Is there a site somewhere that has that info?

Regardless, I suspect these budget cuts have more to do with ABC's overall status. They're making cuts in all the news and entertainment divisions, correct?

Archived