March 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Members

I thought they were already dark on Fridays and one week every 2 months. There is only so much they can cut back and they keep bringing new actors on. They have to cut there at some point and Jason Cook and the actor who plays Ethan are hardly going to make a dent in anything. JJ's return cost them, I suspect GV was in the middle of a contract cycle when he was let go and they had to pay that. They should really cut 2 big salaried people. Sarah Brown got axed probably to accomodate JJ to an extent.

Steve, Mo, and Tony are not going anywhere. And no way are they cutting anyone in the mob.

I know people won't like it but I don't see them cutting the Spencers, but I could see Robin and Patrick going away after this storyline ends. What purpose do the Cassadines serve or even the Q's at this point(aside from the fact that they have a couple of returns/new characters tied to them now).

The cast is too big and they just keep hiring people. I really would love to know why Reeves got a contract.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know they can't get rid of the Cassadines - Valentin is on the way! And his cousin, Halloween, played by Steve Richard Harris.

All this about how JJ's return would liven up the Cassadine/Spencer family and Liz/Lucky and the Spencers and it's all a big bust. Liz in one of the worst written stories of all time, yet another WTD, yet another paternity saga, Helena's actions so baffling even the actions can't explain it, and yet another "comedy" caper for Luke.

I know it won't happen but I think GH could cut Luke, Nik, Lucky, and Liz with no big losses. Since Lulu seems more popular now that she's clinging to Dante, I guess she would stay around.

Isn't he BFF with Steve Burton?

• Members

Valentini, Halloweeni, etc.. bring them on.

I haven't watched GH but the Cassadines have been a joke for years now since they turned Stefan into a murderer. I've never like Liz so I could care less about another WTD story plus I've never cared for the Spencers aside from Laura who's not even around. And why would JJ's return impact the Cassadines at all. Was Lucky the character not on canvas. Now bring back Stefan and that means something. He seems to be more involved with Jason and the mob than anything else now.

They focus too much on keeping popular characters versus keeping families on canvas together and interacting. Why is Jason still around as a character. he never interacts with family. Why is Nikolas around there hasn't been a Cassadine story since Stefan left canvas. If they want to focus on the Spencers, bring back Laura. And the Q's? I don't give a flying flip about Skye a non real Q or any of the Wards. The only good news is Brooklyn is returning. And will Luke be dressing up as Professor what's his name with Skye coming back.

• Members

Spinelli is a joke. He should be dumped tomorrow.

I would keep Liz and Lucky, but they would never be a couple again. Luke, Nik, and Lulu have got to go.

I don't know why they re-signed Robin and Patrick, maybe they want to keep up the pretense about the hospital. Reeves is Burton's BFF, but they haven't given him anything to do since he got that contract. Jason Cook, Nathan Parsons, and Tyler Christopher won't be missed.

• Members

And Frons has some obsession with DAYS actors?

That would explain why Jason Cook has been wondering around with no storyline for 2 [!@#$%^&*] years!

GH (realistically) needs to dump

Jason Cook

Bradford Anderson

Nathon Parsons

Ingo Radhemacher (SO tired of Carly and Jax's breakups.)

There are others, but I am blanking on them right now....

• Members

same here. I wish ABC would have the balls and do a Days style move here by getting rid of them. They are probably the 3 most paid on the show yet add absoluetly nothing to the soap. All are hasbeens who's characters have nothing left to offer. Its the same basic rinse, wash repeat cycle with them. Getting rid of them would force GH to go in a new direction, one which would be a very welcomed and necesary change

• Members

I don't see what purpose Liz serves without Lucky. She serves no purpose unless she's part of the Spencer family. Nathan Parsons is probably considered part of the resurgence of the Spencers(make me gag). Jason Cook should have been let go ages ago. Tyler don't get me started, he's provided zero value for years now at I'm sure a big pricetag. Jason thompson, the character of Patrick I think has lost his appeal. And Kimberly McCullough should go off and pursue directing. GH won't ever give her the chance.

• Members

Its not a "matter of cutting" its a matter of writing. Even after they "cut they still have Guza"

Cut Guza IMO definitely cut Luke, he sort of just in and out with characters chanting how he's missing...the papa is a rolling stone is old.

Tyler could stay but they won't write Nikolas as compelling as he could/should be they just won't do it...so they bring in Helena and for what?

The same old paternity switch while he seems oblivous that his psycho granny would tamper with this situation (like she always does) he moves her in...where there was a time he wouldn't have anything to do with her....the writing sucks,

Jason Cook hasn't been in a major storyline "of his own in two years"

IA they keep adding on to the hospital end but then they won't write good hospital storylines...so? Now here comes Maya...

NO WOMAN SERVES A PURPOSE ON GH WITHOUT A MAN :lol: I can name about 5 others in the same boat if they wrote women to "drive story they could" she has plenty of purpose as a Webber like Robin, full of history on her own and core (family wise) but look how they write her...

IMO Elizabeth has more purpose than most. But they won't write FOR HER they write AGAINST her loading her down with babies, and triangles...eg Alexis, Carly. GH only write male driven storylines so no woman has a purpose other to be attached to some man.

• Members

What's mind boggling to me is how the show has no money yet continues to operate. Same as AMC I would assume. And OLTL the only show operating within a budget is forced to cut more people. What gives. Who is footing the bill for the overruns at GH and AMC? OLTL and The View?

Of course ABC as a whole is a mess. The disaster at NBC this year took eyes off ABC but their primetime shows aren't doing that well anymore and are dropping. Their viewer loss in in line with NBC's yet no one is talking about them.

Archived