ABC Looking at New Daytime Show

• Members

Yeah, the "drug deal gone bad" story which I believe even looked down on Matthew's supporters for wearing white. I'm sure it wasn't all down to her but since she was happy to accept awards for it I will lump her in with the rest.

Muir does have a very interesting look, he reminds me a bit of David Tennant, or Adrian Brody.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard, I heard, I heard. I'm tired of all this hearsay. Yes, I know that's a big part of what posters do on message boards, but we've already talked about this subject ad nauseum. :blink:

I realize that no one has a gun to my head forcing me to participate in this thread. But I'm getting tired of people writing these soaps off and predicting their death. :angry:

The soaps aren't perfect but reading all these dismal and negative posts is making me crazy. :wacko:

• Members

The bottom line is that if this is a "midday" newcast, I'm almost willing to bet that this would be for the 1PM/Noon Central hour. Or maybe ABC would do the show live immediately following the View and run another feed at 1PM for affiliates so they could choose what time they want to air the broadcast, with AMC or OLTL and GH immediately following.

I hope this makes it off the drawing board!

• Members

I find it hard to believe that GH is the least expensive ABC soap. Between its top heavy cast contracts always over their guarantees, the regular CGI rubbish, and the insane promotion, GH's budget has got to cost ABC more than the other two soaps.

If the daytime show works out, I think that ABC will cancel OLTL. If I was ABC, I would put AMC into OLTL's time slot. The daytime show will be the lead in for AMC and GH.

I think that the only way that GH can' stand by itself as ABC's only soap is if ABC can find it strong lead-ins.

Archived