ABC Looking at New Daytime Show

• Members

Unlike DAYS and Y&R, GH doesn't have a significantly higher audience than the other soaps on the lineup. Many probably watch the AMC/OLTL/GH combo and once two of them go, they will dump GH. I can see GH's ratings collapsing without a lead in.

And I thought OLTL was the cheapest and GH the most expenisive. :unsure:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YOu know if they could ...ABC would have the View 2 and 3 to replace their soaps....LOL

Hmmm..its on CBS on my market..lol. Typical that Sylph doesnt know of the Doctors show....rolleyes.gif

The key to GH success is it higher demos than AMC and OLTL.

AMC was the most expensive but they moved to LA so now OLTL is the most expensive with GH being the least expensive.

• Members

I may be in the minority, but color me excited about this midday newscast idea! ABC's News Division is probably the best of all the major networks and I would be really excited to have that kind of news in the afternoon. I hope it isn't like "The View," but that if they do have a panel, that it's a rotating round of medical experts and politicians rather than celebrities. With occassional World News and Nightline previews.

I think they should pick JuJu Chang or (God help me for saying this because I haaaaaaaaaaaaate her) Vinita Nair. I think if they get Vinita far away from the unfunny snarkfest that World News Now has turned into, maybe she could be interesting.

I doubt this is a replacement for The View. Note they said "Mid-day" newscast and not "Morning."

God, she was so bland and boring! I hope they don't pick her. The Iraq War killed her career at MSNBC. At least something good came out of that.

• Members

I thought she was MSNBC. I remember her as so boring. Like Elizabeth Vargas, another hyped name the public has soundly rejected time after time, although Banfield hasn't peddled homophobic trash as "news", so points to her.

The Iraq War exposed the news media as damn fools. They seemed so happy to get to go in the big tanks and to look at the toys, all while sitting safely from their chairs. The closest we got to some talk about a downside to this was Aaron Brown sighing over and over and taking his glasses off over and over as he pontificated on cue.

• Members

You lead a rich fantasy life. According to all credible reports AMC is still overbudget in Los Angeles and GH often skirts the edge. OLTL, not so much. I'm not saying OLTL will not be the next show cancelled regardless, but I wouldn't put much stock in yet another planned "new daytime show." They're a dime a dozen.

• Members

I love how you hate Elizabeth Vargas for that Matthew Shepherd "Did they kill him because he was gay? And Oh [!@#$%^&*]...he had HIV too?!" story! LOL. I loved her and John Quinones on 20/20 Downtown. That show was so edgy and flippant.

You know who I'd love to see in this midday newscast? Put David Muir on and pair him with someone. Not to be shallow, but David Muir is so damn sexy. He would definitely bring in the 18-49 female and those who watch daytime TV. :wub::wub::wub:

Archived