ABC Looking at New Daytime Show

• Members
Too cheap for cable. Plus, ABC News doesn't have a basic cable sister that can repurpose such a format.

And with the success Nightline has found post-format change(flashy stories, sexy graphics, a live format instead of daily documentaries), even besting NBC/Letterman during big news weeks(Michael Jackson/Swine Flu) I think ABC wants to duplicate that success in as many dayparts as possible. Most interesting stories break in the mid-morning or afternoon and I'd love to have a network hourlong midday show devoted to the day's major headlines and hot button issues. Preferably without a panel debating(i.e. The View or Kathie Lee/Hoda).

I think a midday news show would be good for network television. It's nothing new or really all that original, but it's another outlet for people to get their news, especially with the way news has driven the last decade and how it is poised to drive the next decade. People want their news instant, quick. For those without cable or those on the edge of their seat ready to watch All My Children, they can tune into the latest developments on the stock market and Rielle Hunter/John Edwards instead of turning it to cable or another channel for that information.

P.S. I respect yours as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived