OLTL: Discussion for the week March 15

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was never even with Cris in a proper relationship since somewhere around 1998 or 1999. I hated her with Will and she never should have been with Seth, Nash I skipped a lot of that time...the only person I've ever liked her with was Brody.

• Members

The Nat/Jess rivalry should have been brought out full force when Jared and Nat were taking care of Bree while Jess was gon' crazy again. That should have been the story, and that should still be the story, that Jess was deemed unfit to take care of her kid, and now Nat and Jared are. That's where the fireworks should have been, IMO, but nooooo. Not silly/crazy/stupid enough for this Llanview.

• Members

For me Jessica is too destroyed a character to be put in any rivalries or any fights or any bratty moments. I think she has needed a long period of downtime, starting with the Tess/Bess fiasco a few years ago. That could have happened but instead of slowly building her back up she's just been made crazy yet again.

• Members

Totally, I think we were all gearing up for that that summer, but nothing. I would have loved some of that good ol' family drama with Viki coming back from Africa being caught up in the middle of it, especially if Tina had stuck around as character witness and didn't know which side to take in order to save her own ass.

• Members

I think they've convinced themselves that writing anything remotely "normal" for Jessica will fail, like they've got to top themselves with her from here on out. And I'm not going to pretend that I can look at Jessica and think of a million story ideas for her, I have no desire to. Like you implied, I think we just need a nice long break from the crazy then we can maybe get back to basics. I'm tired of watching her have to cry and pant and wheeze and be a lunchbox, there's got to be something else...

• Members

I hated how easily and quickly Jessica got over her mental issues that time. She found out she killed her baby and the one she was raisng wasnt hers and that didnt affect her? I thought she was going to crack again. She should have with Natalie stepping in for Bree. They dropped the ball on this

• Administrator

Yeah, that would've been good with Viki being in the middle of her two daughters. There also could've been a Jared/Brody rivarlry by playing up the Brody/Charlie father/son-esque friendship and there's a little bit of jealousy from Jared and we see a bit of his dark side again. And say if Viki did choose a side, say she chooses Natalie's, and maybe Charlie sided with Jessica and that put a strain on the Charlie/Viki marriage, Charlie/Jared relationship.

Archived