OLTL: Discussion for the week March 15

• Members

Layla won't get that much. Look there was 2 black women in that clip. We can't get that now.

Layla was great yesterday with Brody and Cris. I liked her this week. She fits on that show and it's a shame that Tika has done a good job only to not get rewarded for it. You know if she was white they would have bent over backwards to invest in her. But its not worth getting excited about her because they act like it's a bad thing when she does well and they do nothing with anything that could work. It's like oh she was great in her scenes but you know Layla will have to pay for it because you can't have black characters do well.

I can write how this will proceed. So her boyfriend will continue to fall in love with a crazy dumbass and spend more time with her and Layla will get insecure and act like a jealous buffoon even though its obvious she's already lost her man to mental patient. Jessica screws up Cris/Layla. She gets her memory back and goes back to Brody and they get their happy reunion while Layla gets nothing. No airtime and she disappears until it's time for her to get killed off cause you know they are going to kill her off and you have Jess, Brody and Cris triangle that nobody wants. And we get to see the press tell us how this story is so great while BW can flaunt around about how she gets the hot guys while Tika got totally screwed over.

Dumb American soaps are too predictable. Everyone was cheering this thing on like it was going to be good for Tika even though it was obvious that they were going to push this girl to the side just because of her race. Sad thing is this Jess and Cris story is a dud and BW and DF have no chemistry. They've been pushing this Jess and Cris thing like the 2nd coming and nobody is biting. This is RC's biggest flop to date and we lose a viable but successful periphery character to pay for it.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Layla and Brody had chemistry from the moment that they met. They should have been the couple to pursue once he was over the GiGi crap. Instead Brody was paired with their white princess with whom he had no chemistry.

David Fumero could be out after the inevitable Jessica/Brody reunion.

• Members

Ok, I have to comment on the week:

- I liked the Kelly montage. It was cute and reminded me what I like about Gina Tognoni in the first place.

- Bree's Teen Jessica is annoying. It's more like she's playing Teen Tess. This is not how Erin Torpey played Jessica when she was a teen.

- The teen Cristian/Jessica stuff was cute. Were those actual scenes from the past re-recorded with new actors?

- I loved the "Come on Eileen" song and Roxy's reaction to it. I loved the scenes at her salon.

- Also loved Allison pulling a gun on Schuyler.

Are these episodes taped from their new studio? Things looked spacious and big, and they seemed to be using different sets for a change. I'm sick of always seeing the same old sets.

• Members

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know if that's how it actually played out, or if the new flashbacks were newly written. Obviously they can't use those scenes because the original Jessica and Cristian aren't on the show anymore. P.S. Kristen Alderson looks so much like a young Erin Torpey!

• Members

Ron wants to make the point about all the ridiculous stuff Jess has been subjected over the years which is why she's learning everything that's happened since high school in pieces instead of all at once.

But he's regressed the character so much through this story there's almost no fixing her now.

• Members

It sucks bc it makes NO SENSE. Its as if RC woke up one day and literally pulled this storyline out of his ass. There has been NO BUILDUP whatsover. I loved Cris and Jess back in the day but they were dead and buried a long time ago, and any hope of them together again ended when Bree showed up in the role. Thats when they took the character in a new direction and the love the characters once had was gone and forgotten until now. They never looked back and they barely had anything to do with each other. Even when she was with Antonio, no feelings for Cris ever played a factor. To say that these two are the endgame and are each other's great big loves is pure and utter BS. Cristian has loved other women and Jessica has made a life for herself with other men. For me, Nash was her number 1. Is that all forgotten now bc she suddently remembers Cris? Poor Layla. Wasnt much of a fan, but the way this is going down is just dead wrong with spoiled princess Messica and her sense of entitlement winning over it bc the soap gods proclaim it.

• Members

It is dead wrong but they always have collateral damage with Jessica. Kerry had to die just so she and Antonio could get together. Nash had to die so she could get together with a new guy who should have been paired with someone else but never mind that. Next up.....Layla. She has to get killed off so Cristian can be cheered on to turn back to the lame pure love that we're supposed to believe has always been present during Seth, Tico, Roseanna, Natalie, Antonio, Evangeline, Sarah, Vanessa and now Layla. Utter crap but no matter because it's first loves that never die. Nevermind that Layla never even had a love on the show.

Layla has chemistry with Brody? Can't have that. Separate them immediately and hand him over to Jessica who by the way gets to go crazy which is now code for go screw someone else and fall in love while he waits on the sidelines.

But the sad part is if Layla was a white girl, they'd cream themselves over writing a quad for them and push that quad could last for years. These characters are late 20's and they could take plenty of story through the next few years.

I think Mark Lawson is the one more likely in danger. They'll try to write Cristian and Jessica as true loves while Brody pines away wasting. Maybe he'll get a shot at Marty.

Well damn. I just found out that Tika is an sequel to a movie. Funny she can get a big role in a movie but not a story in daytime.

• Members

I still think this storyline has much more to do with Frons once more pushing Jessica forward as "the crazy girl who does weird, wild stuff" than a Cris/Jess reunion. When it first began I felt confident they would eventually go back to Brody/Jess and Cris/Layla, and I'd heard word to that effect. Now I'm not quite sure, but I am not convinced it's full speed ahead with Cris/Jess either. If Tika Sumpter has asked to go recurring that may be a sign, or it may influence the story.

• Members

Natalie was at her best with Cris. I dont know WTF they were thinking when they trashed these two to push her with John. She was at her second best with Jared and again, they got trashed so they could push her again with John. I smell a common theme

Archived