OLTL: Discussion for the week March 15

• Members

CrisNat were a major couple, back in 2002 and early 2003. And I loved them for awhile; I think they worked for their time, much like Cris and Jess, but I think that time is long past. Just like with her sister, I can't see the point of going back to Cris with Natalie other than some sort of nostalgia trip.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

she isnt even acting like a realistic teen. She is 100% fixated on Cris as if he's her equivalent of oxygen. Her entire character is defined by her obsession with him. She has absolutely one purpose...to be with Cris. She reminds me of a wind up doll.

windupdollbydavisprebot.jpg

• Members

And to think, this show wants to blame their low ratings on a gay couple. If you were to dump every other storyline going on right now - save for Dorian, Charlie and Viki - push Kish to the front-burner, and maybe keep Brody around for a triangle w/ Nick and Natalie, OLTL would be kicking B&B's a$$ in the ratings!

• Members

Yes, that would be more accurate. The only time I remember Jessica being this bubbly was when she first started dressing crazy with Kelly. Erin Torpey was a much more subdued teen, even in her budding romance with Cris. In this case, I am not all for the whole "actress making it her own" thing, this feels less like interpretation and more like a rewrite of history. Maybe I can buy it if I look at it as Jessica's brain bastardizing the truth.( <_< ) Is this how everyone felt the first time they saw Erika Slezak play Niki? :unsure:

• Members

The problem is that as is the case with most of the soaps, the network sees the word 'teen' and thinks "wild and crazy and rebellious." But Erin's Jessica wasn't, really; through almost all her run on the show, she remained one of the most level-headed and intelligent characters on the canvas, IMHO. By the time she and Cris got together she was well-cemented as a voice of reason. She did the occasional rash thing, but she was a smart, well-adjusted girl.

I don't know where this is going. Friday's show made the case for pushing Jess to give Brody another chance, as per Blair's counsel; I hope that occurs, as I still suspect this story may be a riff on Viki's amnesia, or at least, I'm sure it started that way. The show is a clusterfuck of rewrites and hasty endings of late.

• Members
My mum was around for that story and she said she was spellbound to watch the transformation of Viki into Niki. You see she was already a Viki fan so she liked seeing different interpretations. But she has turned this story off because she does not feel that it is a take on Niki because Jessie as she calls her is never well or very interesting on her own. My mum's opinion wouldn't count to ABC though. She's a biracial elderly lady who has watched all three soaps forever.

She's more obsessed with Cristian than Stacy was obsessed with Rex. That's the problem with this whole thing. It's catering to an obsession and screwing over character connected to the story. I thought nothing could be worse than Stacy/Gigi/Rex but I was dead wrong. I don't think Jessica is even in love with Cristian as much as obsessed with him.

That's what made them work the first time if I remember. They were the only teen romance we've had on the show but what separated them from Starr and Cole's position as first loves was that they were wise and reasonable teens who didn't annoy the [!@#$%^&*] out of you.

I have a hard time believing Jessica would be so selfish as to want Cristian to give up his life and so insensitive to Brody after finding out they were together. She didn't treat Cristian like this when she couldn't remember him. And when she believed Roxy was her mother she at least made an attempt to get to know her as horrifying as it was to her. She's not remotely interested in her real life and if she truly feels cheated out of everything the best way for her to stop feeling cheated would be to work to get her memories back.

Chemistry? Can't have a couple with chemistry. This story would be more believable if Natalie had amnesia and only remembered being married to Cristian. It would also be better because at least Cristian and Natalie would have chemistry so you could enjoy the horrific plots but we don't even have that. Something is wrong when the minor expendable Layla has more chemistry with both men while Jessica only has chemistry with Brody.

I think we all know where this is going. Brody and Jess rarely have time together. They are playing a periphery role in this story where the predominant point is about Jessica getting Cristian to remember their love. It can only conclude with Cristian falling in love with her again. I think they only had Layla around so far so we could see that Cristian tried to resist it but he will fail. From the looks of it that will be sooner than I thought.

• Members

I don't think he cares about those of us who were watching then. And what bewilders me is why didn't they just use Bree Williamson and David Fumero in the flashbacks? Despite what ABC probably thinks, late twenties isn't quite middle-aged. They could have pulled it off and it seems ridiculous to see *completely* different looking people when it was supposedly only about 10 years ago. Or maybe only 8...hard to say since the timeline keeps changing. ^_^

Here's a radical idea: They could have used a real clip with Erin Torpey and Yorlin Madera who look more like the current actors plus the fact they *were* in the roles. As it was, it seemed jarring and nonsensical.

• Members

I cant believe she'd be so selfish and insensitive to not give a damn about her own daughter. Jessica got pregnant when she was a teen and was prepared to be a mother back in the 90s. Now she's a teen again and she doesnt give a damn about the child she finds out that she did have? She doesnt even think about Bree as she simply disregards her. She doesnt remmeber having her, therefore she doesnt really exist. WTF type of logic is that? To her Bree is the equivalent of a Cabbage Patch doll that she grew out of bc that was so 1980s. I bet if she found out Cris was her baby's daddy, she'd be using that child to manipulate him into coming back to her. Since he isnt, she has no use for her

Archived