The Lady Gaga Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think, at the very least, she and her team are going to make a BIG, genuine effort towards returning her music to a much more mainstream sound, something that will still be a little 'Gaga' but not as batshit crazy and off-putting (to some) as some of the Born This Way and Artpop stuff.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Well, she did pull her video with R. Kelly from being officially released where there were scenes suggesting he was sexually assaulting her and she was liking it...

I'm sorry, I just don't take her seriously and always question her intentions (as everything she's done has been about getting attention and people to feel sorry for her) , and she's more than often proven me right to do so over the years. Though, she has been slightly less annoying recently, now that her success and career have died down and the general public's interest in her has waned. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Yes, we must. It's a conversation that is all too rarely had, and for those who held her costumes and antics against her, the reasons behind it is something they do not want to hear about. So they'll hear about it! :lol:

Also, she's not going away. You can bet that she and her team will put 250% into coming up with an album #4 that's fire. No doubt about it. I don't know how you, of all people, do not see her huge talent and star-quality and would want this. :huh:;)

• Members

oh, I do see she that she has huge, huge talent and I was an enormous fan of hers back in the day. but she wrecked her own career and I'm over hearing about her. plus she is awful on AHS. I'm sorry for all she's gone through but I'm ready for her to go away. Her next album would have to be really, REALLY amazing to win back me and the millions of other fans she's alienated over the past few years. 

Plus us I found her billboard interview to be so self congratulatory and smug, a giant pat on the back to how talented she is and how she's up there with Judy Garland. It was a huge reminder of why I stopped liking her in the first place. There's nothing I hate more than a very talented person telling you constantly how talented they are (Anne Hathaway). Stop telling us how much about the art you are and let us SEE it. All of her stunts failed miserably and alienated fans, and instead of embracing that and being like "okay I fucked up" she talks about them as if they were some grand form of art we were all too stupid to understand. I just find her grating and annoying and there are many people just as talented out there. Her time has passed, unless she does some serious work on this new album and goes back to The Fame era stuff. 

Also so who did she sleep with to get woman of the year from billboard? She hasn't even real eased an album in years and the only song she released this year, while beautiful, wasn't even that successful. 

Edited by Mr. Vixen

• Members

There is no career upswing though, she hasn't had a hit single in what, 3 years? When you're doing duets and commercials with Tony Bennett and still in your late 20's, something isn't right. 

Her career ran out of steam in 2010 and she's been clinging on ever since. I'd be very surprised if her next albums sees more success than her last two. It seems like her team is trying to soften her image a bit with paid for PR, but it's too little, too late IMO. 

• Members

Tony Bennett ASKED her to record an album with him, just as he asked Amy Winehouse before that. And being from an Italian family herself, I can totally see why she said yes and went with it, regardless of what else is going on with her career.

I personally don't care how successful she really is now commercially. What matters is the talent, and she has that. She could do jazz standards for the rest of her life now and probably be happy. She doesn't need a huge hit anymore; she's done all that stuff already. And that Oscar performance was the best. 

• Members

She peaked really fast in her career and burnt out, that was the point.

And the reason why that happened was not because she was untalented (she has talent), but she wasted her moment in the sun with cheap gimmicks, a passive-agressive feud with a legend (Madonna), and progressively crap material (I'm sorry, BTW and AP were not great albums) that ended up flopping and damaging her commercial career. All that and she's not even 30 yet. Everything she does now feels like an engineered PR plan to rebuild her public image and recover from the fall she's had with the general public, and I don't particularly feel it's working.