OLTL: Schuyler Spoiler

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rex and Schuyler going at each other in scene after scene, my head will [!@#$%^&*] explode. NO thanks. I'm afraid that these graduates of the James Carey & Matthew Perry VHS Conservatory of Acting are going to bring out the worst acting habits in each other.

I was also thinking that this actually does give some added depth (in a retcon way) to Dr. Joplin taking her own life.

• Members

I can't wait to hear Rex tell Sky that Sky caused his mother's suicide. Delivered with a huge smirk from JPL, naturally.

The only logical thing about this is that if Roscoe Born was going to have a soap kid, then he would have to have at least one who, to paraphrase the old Bette Davis story, had more sex appeal than Slim Summerville.

• Members

Isn't Roscoe Born leaving....again? Why take the step to give the character another kid if he's not going to be around? This really makes no sense. I could see doing this to build up a 'family' on the show if the family was actually staying. No, I don't want Mitch to stay, I'm just saying....

They could still make Rex and Sky rivals without having to be brothers. The Stefano from Days comment sounds about right. This show is turning very Days-ish with electroshock, the evil daddy to everyone in town, and even all the teens now. Just because DAYS is doing it right (at least ratings wise) does not mean that OL will get it right just by copying.

• Members

To prove how convoluted this is all getting, it JUST dawned on me that this of course means that Schuyler is Jessica's brother too. I don't know how that skipped my mind. It's a catch 22 because developments like this save us from potentially annoying romantic couplings, yet they force the show to bring on even more potentially annoying characters as love interests (who in a matter of months will be revealed to be related to yet another set of characters... vicious cycle).

• Members

Considering that the show has forgotten Rex and Jessica are siblings, they may do the same here. Or, this could be used for a reason for Jessica mental breakdown #234. Can't you see it? Jessica hits her head and somehow wakes up thinking she is in a Taboo movie.

• Members

They have not forgotten Rex and Jessica are brother and sister. They have interacted plenty of times since the reveal. But because of Mitch and Stacy, they haven't had a lot of opportunity to do so recently. Plus, Jessica doesn't remember Rex so there's no point for them to interact at the moment.

Archived