February 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Administrator

Um...you don't really want to see it. It was horrible. June-August, nothing happened. Just watch the crazy ass ending from September. ;) There's a bunch of clips on Youtube, but don't know if they have the ending.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I wish they aired them on SOAPnet too. I have always thought it would be good if SOAPnet occasionally chose specific storylines from different soaps and aired ALL those episodes, so some of us could get our fill again...I think it would be a ratings draw.

haha! was it really that bad??? I have only seen bits and pieces of it...

• Members

Are they doing that well? Isn't TPIR down on what it was with Barker there, and LMAD is not that far above what GL was getting? I haven't seen the most recent ratings. I think they're just cheaper and that's what CBS wants.

Why didn't ABC mention OLTL in their press release?

• Members

The Price is Right might be down compared to Bob Barkers reign (though im not sure)...However, it still gets good ratings, in comparison to the soaps.

Let's make a deal is getting a little bit higher ratings than GL was, and costs HALF of what GL did...So overall, that's a success.

This is the rankings including the price is right (for the 18-49 demo):

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)

No. 1 CBS 3.93 million No. 1 ABC 1.3/877,000

No. 2 NBC 3.33 million No. 1 NBC 1.3/853,000

No. 3 ABC 3.23 million No. 3 CBS 1.2/792,000

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating)

Program Net Rtg/000s

The Young & the Restless CBS 1.9/1.24 million

General Hospital ABC 1.5/976,000

The View ABC 1.4/946,000

Price is Right 1/2 CBS 1.3/869,000

Days of Our Lives NBC 1.3/853,000

And these are the latest ratings results for LMAD compared to GL last year

LET’S MAKE A DEAL is up +12% in viewers (2.42m from 2.16m) and +20% in women 18-34 (0.6/07 from 0.5/07) this season compared to comparable weeks last year (“Guiding Light”).

• Members

I agree, I was just saying that I don't see any real evidence that people are somehow starting to develop more interest in game shows. I think it's just cheaper for CBS, they produce game shows without any real effort, and get a limited viewership for a low price. TPIR and LMAD could both be so much better, yet no one there cares.

• Members

you can watch the entire thing, episode by episode, unedited and in all it's greatness on youtube!

Just go to that posters main page with uploads, and just follow along by date.

This is backed up a few days so you get the set up, but as long as you have the date you can move forward to any point you want.

the beauty of this is you will get Marlena in jail if you want to go back even further, Chloe as Phantom of the Opera, Jan Spears...it's all there.

Archived