February 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Members

Woohoo to AMC's huge gains! It's nice to see the ratings remained stable all week long. I can't remember the last time the teenage girl demo was so good for this show. I expect this show to be even higher next week with the aftermath of David & Greenlee's aborted wedding.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The sad thing is that CBS will probably make more money off a silly gameshow than NBC makes off Days plus there is the cost of promos for Days. Daytime is, for the time being, not an area of growth and, therefore, CBS isn't going to bust it's back and spend cash to revive World Turns. Eventually, I could even see CBS decide to do primetime repeats during the afternoon. Cable TV repeats the same show numerous times a day and at a very low cost.

I am always shocked by how much higher Y&R rates in total viewers than any other soap. What gives--why do so many people love the show so much? I watch it but don't see it as much better than World Turns or Days. I do think having a stable cast for almost two decades has probably helped. Y&R proves that there are five million people out there willing to watch soaps and there must be a way to get these people hooked on other programs that air in later time slots. B&B is a crash and burn: I can remember the show being 400,000 viewers a head of any other soap and the demos are beyond poor. Bill Bell needs to carry a story over from Y&R like they did with Lauren and Sheila years ago or else B&B is toast. I'm starting to wonder if World Turns might have been able to make better use of the time slot following Y&R in the east: ATWT does really well in the south and might have been able to out shine B&B with a powerful lead in. I watched B&B last week during the rape story and it was a bigger mess than ATWT and, maybe any other soap.

I've noticed a trend where the male viewership for World Turns drop every time Nuke is strongly featured. I'd think things would be the opposite and that gay males would tune in. Are the majority of male soap watchers straight and ill at ease with a queer story? I saw the same trend with OLTL with their recent gay story. Does anyone have research data/info on the male demo? I'm guessing a network or someone must have done a breakdown of male daytime watchers. I'll agree that Nuke is corny but, still, men should not be tuning out to such a severe degree.

Again, I'd love to see how World Turns would do following Y&R in the east--especially with promo.

• Members

OK, I don't care how OL made it back to a HH 2.0 (weather/riding AMC's bump), I'll take it! This show needs any good week in can get. Tho Feb. sweeps has kept me entertained overall, it doesn't compare for me to the storylines of Rex/Adriana's wedding or Dorian's takeover weeks. I think most will agree, but I'm still happy.

And what about Gina's return on Friday's ep and OL getting over 2.8 million viewers?!! That excites me. I hope they don't blow it with her return like they did Andrea Evans.

Am I too optimistic to hope that with a full week of Gina and viewers tuning in to watch Stacy finally die, that the show may sustain??? I'd love an increase, but I'd be happy with it just staying level right now.

• Members

I think the ratings might stay at this level for a while...People will be interesteed to see how they wrtie Kelly's return, and some may want to see the outcome of this Jessica/memory thing.

So with OLTL beating B&B in the key demos this week....It really makes me less scared for my show!

• Members

I'm back to AMC but not for Greenlee. I hate Greenlee about as much as I hate Kendall and that's a LOT. I'm back to see what happens with Brooke, Erica, Jack, etc... Greenlee and Ryan are something I'm simply forced to endure. I'm back until DC leaves because I want to enjoy every last moment of his remaining time on the show.

Yes, you are.

• Members

Days in #2 is a shocker! I could actually see B&B fall into number four if AMC keeps up the charge. Also, look at the 18-49 demo for B&B--toasted! How the hell did this happen to a solid show like Bold with a solid lead in? Brad Bell must be shocked as [!@#$%^&*]! Remember: World Turns carried a 2.4 hh for the 2007-08 season so watch out! B&B is now crashing at a faster rate than World did.

Bell had no idea where to take the show after Sally Spectra 'died' (went on her never ending cruise) and Susan Flannery stepped into the background. Dollar Bill is a flop and Jackie M. is a chesse factory! The whole 'Logan Sisters' thing came on too fast and fell flat. Jack Wagner is a bore and basically the new Thorne with a bad man-wig.

Archived