AMC: Wednesday - 1.20.2010

• Members

I wish KWAK would get her own home already to bring her Dr. Oz Clone architect to. I think it's time she drift away from Tad, if she's going to be with Rob now. I don't understand how he can tolerate running into KWAK's ex all the time, LOL..

Why won't Jake just STFU and be happy with Amanda and his son?? He is getting on my last nerve with his whining, yelling, just acting dumb all the time! I was screaming at my TV "UGH STFU JAKE!!" in his scenes with Tad and Liza at Tad's house...get over it, Jake. You won, go be happy with your family, take a vacation....David will suffer on his own, he's all alone now. Get over it, dude...geeze. And is Liza the ONLY Lawyer in PV to choose from? Where is Livia Frye? Jackson? Wasn't Marissa close to getting her law degree?

I really liked Brotalia, today. This whole string robbery stuff has my interest, to. I like how Brotalia was doing it together, I wish there were more scenes of them. Maybe ones of them in the car, having one of their usual arguments, or maybe a heartfelt moment. I would've rather seen that, than boring Marissa whining, and then that horrible no chemistry love scene she had with JR, ICK. Back to the robberies, I'm pretty sure all fingers are going to point to Damon. But I'm kind of hoping it's a mystery person from the past, coming back to PV soon...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is your pic from the A&E Biography (remember when they still had that show?) episode about AMC? Which one is Richard Culliton? I should pull out my video.

I enjoyed today actually--I'm genuinely curious about this criminal who's going to all the Pine Valley "hot spots" (haven't read spoilers), loved the David stuff, liked even the Krystal/Tad/Liza stuff (Krystal's architect stud has very dated hair), and didn't even dn the Jake stuff. I actually found it more than usually smart of the writers to have Amanda mention that now with the David threat null and void, what were they going to focus on for their relationship? LOL

(And R Sinclair of course what you say makes logical sense but it would be writing outside of character for Jake to think that way :P )

But I have to agree--I know they don't do love scenes as graphically as they did in the 80s and 90s anymore for whaetevr reason, but this one--it was like the director just gave up before the scene even started--not even a shirt taken off (maybe after the recent comments about JR's body though I kinda prefer him chunky)--it was all set to go and someone backstage yawned and they decided to just call it a scene and cut. LOL

• Members

And it was interesting to follow Brot and Natalia from location to location--while not brilliant cops perhaps, it at least showed SOME level of genuine police work unlike the usual incapable cops in Pine Valley (loved the brief line that the Chandler's should beef up security--they have got to have THE worse security team ever)

• Members

I agree with both of you, I think it's interesting to. It definitely has my interest, I'm glad it has nothing to do with murder or anything heavy. I'm a bit puzzled as to how the three burglary's were connected though. This person went from Wildwind Manor, to the Chandler Mansion, to ConFusion...It's obviously someone we've seen before. I hope it's not to obvious, like Damon or someone like that, I hope it turns out to be someone surprising in the end, whenever that will be.

• Members

I was disappointed that there wasn't more of a fallout between David, Jake & Amanda. I expected Jake to rant against him and David to laugh at Jamanda's stupidity and recount how easy it was to pull off his schemes. Proving his stupidity, did Jake really think a lawsuit would force David to leave town?

JR comparing Marissa's relationship with David to his own with Adam was lame considering she knew her biological father for all of 5 minutes before turning against him.

I also liked the Brot/Natalia scenes but to me this break-in story feels rushed. It came out of nowhere and all these break-ins are happening on one night as opposed to over a week. As long as the culprit isn't Damon, which would be way too obvious, and turns out to be someone else we know, I'm along for the ride.

• Members

ITA. We are to feel sympathy for David. As stupid as Jake and Amanda have been, I still think David deserved this and more. IMO, the final straw was the smirk on David's face as he was about to have sex with a crying Amanda. It was too skeevy.

• Members

I miss Linden House (why was Erica's place named that anyway?) Actually I think my All My Children board game has street names, I should haul it out (I've never even gotten to play it because none of my friends have any interest in trying to figure out a board game based on some soap opera they've never seen a minute of--same problem with my AMC How to Host a Murder game lol).

Ann, in this case I agree with you entirely. I like having David around but (that sleeping with Amanda thing was one of the worse plot points Pratt did and, like a lot of his plot based writing, it never even had any sort of effective or worthwhile pay off--it was an uncomfortable plot point that really proved unecessary)

Archived