AMC: Wednesday - 1.20.2010

• Members

Yes it is. He's sitting directly across from your fairy godmother, Agnes. ;)

Well, maybe they need to start writing outside of character for Jake -- because for the last ten years, he's been nothing but a welcher and a coward that I'm being told I'm supposed to root for. He went back on his word to Liza about Colby. When he found out Colby wasn't his, he left town and abandoned his wife, Gillian. Later, he cheated on Mia and left town again without facing the music. And don't get me started on his appalling behavior ever since Shecky Paull Goldin took over the punk ass role. I find nothing honorable about this character because he seems completely self centered. Fictional characters in serialized writing need to grow, change, evolve, transform, WHATEVER or else what's the point of writing a serialized story? What happened with Colby in 2000, should've played into this storyline a decade later. How did it feel for him to know someone else played God with the child he thought was his? How did it feel when he found out everyone in his family knew Colby wasn't his and didn't tell him? It hurt him so badly that he left his wife and ran off to a war zone. And if he did recall the feelings he felt back then and chose to do it anyway to another man... then that says a LOT about his character. Hate David or Love David (:wub: ), Jake is no good guy. He's a weasel.

But, in the end, like David said to Allie Doyle 12 years ago, Jake will be his own undoing. He has no real respect for Amanda. Amanda is a prize, to him.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loathe David with every fiber of my being, and would enjoy seeing everyone in town take turns beating him with a stick and hot rocks. I don't find him interesting at all. When you make a character this ridiculously "diabolical", where he is victimizing every character in town without genuine feelings towards anyone, it alienates the audience. Sorry, but there is only 1 character in history (I can think of right now) that can get away with this, and that is JR Ewing, brilliantly played by Larry Hagman. David is a joke, and all that he gets away with is poor writing! I would like for him to go away, and for TIIC to bring in a real villian (wonder what Ben Masters is up to these days). David is anything but!

Jake - I absolutely hate RPG in this role. He looks filthy, and I just don't get his love for Amanda. Why are they a couple again? He blames David for everything Amanda went through? Huh? Jake is trying to turn a whore into a housewife. It can't be done. Ask Zach!

Amanda - This little whore is just too stupid to live. It's David's fault that she does not know who her baby daddy is? Huh? Why should David have to tell her anything. Sorry, but this is the woman's responsibility to know who fathered her child, but this tramp had 3 possibilities. She should be embarrassed. It makes no sense that she would expect David, a man who "coerced" her into sexual intercourse in a car, to want to make her wish come true. And even if David lied about being sick, why'd the slut buy it? So what if he has 6 months. A man like David deserves to die alone. It was just too stupid for Amanda to take on the responsibility of providing David absolution before he "died". Totally ridiculous.

There is no one - I MEAN NO ONE - rootable in this triangle. No one, which is why it's so ridiculous to drag something like this out. The only person for which I have any sympathy is Trevor for having that whore for a mother and that stupid bum for a father.

ANDREA

• Members

Well yeah, but that's writing in character IMHO. Sure as viewers we see that he puts maybe toomuch blame on him (and not enoughon Tad) but I think if I were JR and lived the weird life I had, I would do the same...

I kinda disagree--I find him interesting despite some poor writing and even understandable--unlike, say Stephano on Days.

My fairy godmother has been disappointing me when it's come to my headwriter wishes lately :(

Archived