2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

From what I've gathered from endless press reports, rumors and fan interviews, Jean Passanante is more like an Associate Headwriter. Goutman is the one in charge. For months he's been giving all the story preview interviews (until he switched with Kriezman) and all the cast mentioned him as if he were the writer, now they mention Kriezman.

Yes, but Pelphrey turned down a big role on GH (Dante) because he didn't want to do soaps anymore (except GL). He said he took the ATWT role because Kriezman pitched a "great" story for him and he pretty much owes his career to him.

I do think it'll be interesting to see what GL actors get peppered in. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Marcy Rylan. She looks like an AMC actress and has the right spunk. But he did seem to love those uber bland heroines like Mandy Bruno, Nicole Forrester and Bonnie Dennison who he gave endless stories too. This is why I think he'll LOVE LOVE LOVE Marissa.

His stories for rich characters tend to be very silly and over the top. The villains and heroes are generally black and white cartoons. The middle class folk tend to be very middle class and dull. And he isn't much better with history than Pratt.

I wonder if he'll turn anyone into a superhero ala GL? Shame they wrote off Beth Ehlers because he could easily revive the Harley superhero character that way.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Marj returned to GL they had her front and center in an awful story where Alex was drugging Alan.

http://glmemories.blogspot.com/2008/02/full-deck.html

Here's a brief bit from 2006 where Marj played a Southern waitress.

In 2007 she briefly had some semblance of a story when she married her chaffeur, Cyrus, but of course he was in love with boring Marina.

• Members

So if I'm following this correctly a writer R Sinclair doesn't like is about to show up in the AMC credits again? Beall and Kanelos are unavailable so that leaves...Bugler and Dufour? So I'm guessing Dufour is back to fill in for Cohen and Hall?

• Administrator

Interesting they're credited together. I guess she's tweaking his material. And now my AMC viewing begins today. :)

- Charles Pratt Jr. last listed as Head Writer on February 5

- Charles Pratt Jr. first listed as Co-Head Writer on February 8

- Lorraine Broderick first listed as Co-Head Writer on February 8

• Members

I think that Broderick is not finishing off what Pratt has done. I'm also glad you will watch AMC with Broderick back! You can tell that AMC has changed for the better within the last few weeks! :)

:wub: Cannot wait till shes credited ALONE! :D

I am also surprised that AMC has not had as many changes behind the scenes.

Archived