2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, but it's hard to be optimistic considering what he's writing right now. He's going straight from these insane stories on ATWT to AMC. I'm watching AMC right now and loving it, but I was loving ATWT before he arrived. It will certainly be interesting to see how he does and who he brings with him. AMC's ratings have been going up and seems it has a real chance of being the last ABC soap standing (I hope so), but he could derail all of that. Hopefully everyone around him is strong enough to reign him in because clearly he is the problem.

• Members

Branco does seem to think Kriezman's ATWT is great, and says the show will be worse because Goutman is now taking over (but then he said the same with Ellen Wheeler and GL in its last months so that may just be his standard comment), so at least there's a good chance Branco will now be an AMC fan. Can't wait for that...

I think what AMC needs most is a strong executive producer.

• Members

I can see both sides of the debate..... everything R Sinclair attacked her on was true... her dialogue at times was very cheesy... trying so hard to writye comedy and falling flat on her face. She though was very good at plotting out episodes. She was much better suited writing outlines than she was scripts.

Toups, if your present is what we all think it is.... hell hath no fury like R Sinclair....

• Members

What exactly is the power arrangement at ATWT right now? I mean, Passanante is still there, correct? As co-HW..... the whole microchip angle does sort of have her signature all over it. I mean, I don't doubt DK doesn't either, but paired with her... seems like a disastrous combination if you ask me. I can only hope (and get down on my hands and knees and pray) that the people surrounding him at AMC can reign him in. I just really, really hope Broderick sticks around.... wasn't it when she left as an AHW 6 or 7 months into DK's reign at GL that it started to get really messy?

The ratings are very good for AMC. Say what you will about Pratt, but the numbers have stayed really within the same range since he came on. The show certainly has not bled viewers. B&E had the show down around 2 million a few times..... If LB can have a good Feb sweeps and keep the momentum going, AMC could very well buy itself at least 2 years in LA. It doesn't seem no matter what Frons does, GH can't win.

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong (because I have never really followed GL): But Kreizman never did 'out there' sci-fi crap on GL did he? I think that the current ATWT story more has Jean P's mark on it. She looooves doing those kinds of kooky stories when she's allowed to.

Archived