2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Based on the credits Toups posted, here's the breakdown.

Moved with AMC to LA:

Nadine Aronson

Enza M. Dolce

Pamela Shulamn

David Zyla

Judy Blye Wilson

Bob Lambert

Anthony Pascarelli

Marika Brancato (promoted to associate director from production associate)

Jerry Pilato

Terry Walker

New to AMC:

Michelle Azenzer (former stage manager of PC).

Allison J. Samon

Allison Reames

Harold Reiser

Jim Jones

Hope Harmel Smith

• Members

This makes great sense. I'll bet it works like that.

But it also raises an intriguing thing about the credits. Because it truly means we can't necessarily judge a director's "style" based on a particular episode. As Kubla notes, the episode might only contain 60-70% of that director's content.

With the modern way of shooting, it almost makes you think they should remove solo director credits, and just credit the directing TEAM for each episode (all the names).

Thanks to both of you for your insights!

• Members

I have no problem with Ellen Wheeler acting. She's a GREAT actress. It's the only thing she can do well. I'd love nothing more than for a soap to sign her to a 4-year contract so she can't produce anymore soaps.

Also, to make AMC fans feel better, here's an idea of Kriezman's greatest hits at ATWT. Keep in mind he hasn't even been around six months and it's already this bad....

He brought on his GL fave Tom Pelphrey and his mysterious character has an anti-aging serum and for a long time we've believed him to be James Stenbeck, a man in his 70s. Think Denise Vasi playing Angie. Or better, the actor who plays Petey as Adam or Palmer. Sound crazy right? Well it gets better. Turns out he isn't James Stenbeck, he just has a microchip implanted in his brain that makes him think he's a Stenbeck. Great stuff ey?

He really is doing a great job if you love unintentional comedy. Like a Mystery Science type of thing.

• Members

Yeah, that is just the stupidest back pedaling [!@#$%^&*] I have ever heard. They'd have been better off sticking with Pelphrey as fountain of youth James... though wouldn't Paul and Barbara have recognized him off the bat? I sure as hell know what my dad looked like in his late twenties from pictures. Microchip. <_<

Okay, like fountain of youth serum is better, but I'm sayin'...

Archived