2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe they only called on her to fill in while they were short writers during the maternity leaves. She is not writing scripts anymore. Courtney is very busy these days acting as an executive director for a breast cancer organization. I don't think she was neccessarily looking for a long-term return to soaps anyway.

• Administrator

DAYS:

- Carolyn Culliton first listed as Script Writer on February 22

10.5 years later and the Cullitons are back together at the same show (last time was when AW ended).

Kubla Khan stated it's only temporary - she's the executive director for a breast cancer organization now.

• Members

Remember that storytelling thing I mentioned about Nancy Curlee Demorest doing at the Monti in North Carolina a few months back?

Well, an audio of it is on their website. Her show is in the comedy section. She talks a lot about her early time writing at GL, and especially about her courtship with Stephen Demorest. It's quite funny. It's a narrative about experiences in her life, done mainly in a humour-filled way.

If anyone cares to listen to it, you can find it here:

http://themonti.org/audio/hippo_awards09.html

There's a funny as hell story about Nancy, who was writing also writing a screenplay at the time, turning in a really nasty-looking paper script to Gail Kobe, who says to her, "What is this, the f.ucking bell jar?!?" Nancy admitted she used her daughter as an excuse for why the script looked so bad, it was funny.

She makes fun of that script by the end, and the cliches of soap dialogue, and how she loved to procrastinate. It was a heavy Vanessa/Billy script.

She said the female producers were mean as hell, and then later named Gail Kobe by name. :lol:

Archived