Y&R: Shocking recast!

• Members

The only thing that worries me about this is what does it mean for Jill? Despite the closeness in age, Nichols looks a lot younger than Russ. It's going to be hard to see

If this show decides to move him away from Jill (which I hope they don't), I would prefer he goes with Ashley, Lauren, or Olivia. Phyllis and Sharon (no disrespect to the actresses) need to be put on the backburner.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They could do a little chem test to see if playing different characters would help. If it doesn't there is always Jill, Lauren, or Olivia. Or how about Victoria? How would JT react to his new mentor being with his wife/soon to be ex-wife? Would he backstab Tucker? Anyone but Phyllis, Sharon, or Gloria.

• Members

They won't give any stories to Olivia, or Lauren.

I guess they could give one to Ashley (she is so frosty I wonder if she will have chemistry with a leading man), but I wonder if they will always have her center around Victor.

I think Jill and Gloria are probably out in terms of a real relationship with Tucker. The show probably isn't going to write love stories for women they deem too old.

Of course I don't even know how they will see Tucker. This show worships Victor/EB and any hint of a threat to him is smacked down, hard. We could be looking at the male version of Patty Jane, for all we know.

• Members

This is not going to work - the Tucker character was fashioned as a replacement for Victor. Victor's back, which means the show will be stuffed with three senior tycoons: Jack, Victor, and Tucker. Ain't gonna work. So what if he is Katherine's kid? Boring. Pair him with Jill or Ashley or Sharon? Boring. He will be superfluous or worse, will take Peter Bergman's airtime and story.

• Members

Jack has been phased out to the point where they can just isolate him with the Patty/Emily stuff and wringing his hands over the Abbotts. They already put Billy in to replace Jack, but he's too young and reckless to be a threat to Victor. This guy will be more of a threat, although not too much, because then Braeden would probably kick up a fuss.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is just a psycho who is gone within a year.

I guess the real test will be when they move him to a story beyond Jill, since I think both Jack and Jill will be gone soon enough.

Archived