Y&R: Shocking recast!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, he's aged very well. I couldn't believe his age either.

I'm trying to remember Sheffer's stories for Patch -- it's all a blur of him being in a mental institution and going around raging.

If this works out, then this would be the new character and perhaps new core family (if he has a family) needed to help usher out the Newman dead weight.

• Members

Remember, Tucker was initially a Victor replacement.

With Braeden back, you could see how having another aging billionaire really didn't add anything different to the canvas. So, the lithe Nichols definitely brings a whole new, sexy dynamic that isn't there.

With Nichols in the role, and the close connection with JT...I sort of wonder if JT might not have a daddy in Tucker he never knew about. They're both the same kind of lean, cat-like fella.

• Members

This really is surprising - meaning, how come Camille actually hired a SOAP actor? Geez, she must be on something.

Anyway, it's not like this will bring anything interesting to the character. If he follows the path of other actors, he'll probably phone in his acting too. You can't help but do it with this writing in mind.

• Members

This was the right move. Peepaw McElvis wasn't working for me.

SN is a very versatile actor -- he's done most of the NBC shows and of course GH. It will be interesting to see him on a Bell soap. Also, he's foxy. Jill needs some decent totty, not any old gramps thrown her way.

• Members

I can't help wondering if Tucker will now be moved down to the younger women since Stephen is in the role. I can see them throwing him at Phyllis, or Sharon. I actually wish they had not done Sharon/Adam at all, and had Sharon mourn for a few months, then be swept off her feet by this mysterious man who turns out to be a rival for the Newmans. With the way women are possessions in the Newman family, imagine the Nick and Victor fury over "their" Sharon being a card in Tucker's deck. Yet, they could have also played up genuine feelings between Tucker and Sharon.

As for how Stephen will play the role, the embittered son of a matriarch/self-made billionaire is a far cry from his other roles. The real problem is Y&R characterizations have to be made up as they go along. Did anything Stacey Haiduk do in her first few months lead up to psycho Patty or bland Emily? He just has to hope he makes a good impression with fans and hope the Y&R egos don't drive him out.

• Members

I think he'll actually add some life to the canvas and finally some competition for some of the lazy actors on this show. Now I don't expect miracles - heck yeah the writing blows, but seeing him working with Jess will be a treat I guess we'll see how terrible the writing can make this.

Archived