Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the exact moment was when Cliff came back and kidnapped Katherine. The storyline was great up until they were in the motel room and everyone was running around trying to rescue Kay from the bomb, and the crazy red head with the big knife.

• Members

I think it was when everyone went to Paris, and Maria lost her mind. The show is just all kind of awful, nothing makes sense anymore. Sony needs to step in and Maria needs to step down. I am not sure how this is propping up Phyllis, rooting around the garbage dump does not make her what wealthy, healty or wise. It is a stupid storyline and no one to blame but the writers and not the actors who have to do this crap and call it craft.

This story feels like it is made up as it goes along, nonsensical, not rhyme or reason. I also would like that magical cell phone, mine keeps dying if I don't charge,and for a phone left in the elements for 6 months it was the best actor today

• Members

Watching Katherine go through garbage (and for Daniel of all people) reminds me of the disdain people had when Alexandra Spaulding was coming out of bushes. It got me to thinking that this show is Guiding Light with a better production model. What I mean by that is you have rich people going to places that the average person would go to. There is no way in hell any rich person would set foot inside Jimmy's bar. The homes look like almost anyone could live there and then you have the contemporary music that plays during the younger sets scenes.

This show went downhill when they had those 3 buffoons kidnap Kay and it took to long for her to come back home. In this day and age it's hard to believe that it would have been that hard and taken so long for them to get Kay DNA tested. Then came the chipmunk.

• Members

I haven't seen this, but I posted (in VideoBash) Sharon and Nikki in the sewers yesteday. I did this for a reason...because half of GC in the landfill could be funny in the same way. That is the standard against which I will evaluate this.

• Members

The difference is that story was actually interesting, and this one, well, has sucked from day one...

The humour back then was also done differently from the flat humour that's done on the show now.

Not to mention how much better produced Y&R was back then. As Chris B mentioned in that thread, you know something is off when the show's production values looked more modern in 2003 than they do now.

I wish they'd bring back David Shaughnessy to produce this show. Even if the stories suck ass (which they do and will contiue to with this writing team), at least the show will look pretty and not as bland as it does now.

Today was another day I had to pinch myself to stay awake during a Y&R episode. Boring and crappy storytelling can be a lethal combination, I tell you...

• Members

I can't believe there isn't anyone on this show that doesn't realize how dull the show is. Even under LML's tenure the show was not dull and HS has written soaps long enough to know what does and does not work. I am not even sure what stories and pairings are worth saving now.

• Members

It is so clear to me reading the epis that the Billy Abott character has become a HS pet project and I'd place a bet that he and/or his team thinks he's writing some charismatic classic but contemporary soap rogue or bad boy but it seems to have not yet occured to anyone in charge how stupid or boring the character is

• Members

Yes, everything about Billy reeks of Sheffer. The most stinky are the confrontation scenes where he makes sure the person arguing with Billy always has to stand there and lose out to Billy's "wit." And the half-hearted reasons to make us pity Billy, when they probably just want him to act this way for kicks, but they think the plebians like us need a reason.

As for Billy Miller, he's a decent actor, but he had a very limited role on AMC. He played a psycho, and a psycho who went up against the most loathsome characters on the show. Compared to Richie, Billy is actually supposed to be a fairly complex character, and supposed to have chemistry with his love interests beyond "creepy," and has to be in very heavy scenes with people the audience knows and, at least at one point, were important to fans, like Jill and Jack. I think Sheffer and MAB and the rest thought Billy would just blow those characters out of the water, those old fogies. When that didn't happen, they seemed to drop his scenes with those characters entirely.

We're left with a lot of undefined, dreary relationships with women he claims to love but can barely stomach half the time, like Chloe and Mackenzie. This stuff with Victoria is the most desperate "We have no plans for what to do with this character," I can remember. And the upcoming spoiler is just a pathetic retread.

It doesn't help that no one in charge of this show seems to give a damn about trying to get performances out of most of the cast. So much for Rauch's increased rehearsal time. They must be rehearsing faxing their resumes.

Even DC was appalled at the Katherine dumpster diving nonsense.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2009/12/14/wtf-katherine-chancellor-dumpster-diving

Archived