Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right. I guess it's just typical bad writing for people who don't know how to write conflict, not something they have in mind for one or two characters. I just wish they remembered they're supposed to be writing for an entire cast.

• Members

I'm glad someone called Y&R and this incompetent writing team out for this dumpster nonsense, especially Katherine being apart of it (WHATEVER!). It's a perfect example of how this regime wants to manipulate viewers and this show into something its not, and their total lack of respect for the foundation of the show and the history that was established for years and built on before they got there.

The glamour has been ripped from this show, in its place are some Chinatown bootlegs...

This show is unrecognizable. In fact, I'm questioning if Latham was even this bad. This regime has seemingly taken all her mistakes an magnified them and when they try to "clean up" her mistakes, they usually make matters worse.

Bill Bell would be appalled at what his creation has deteriorated into, especially in the hands of his son and daughter-in-law. Y&R isn't even a soap anymore, it's more like a bad parody of a soap.

• Members

OMG. I just caught Monday's Y&R episode and... are they for real? Not the dumpster mess (which I FFed) but this Peepaw McCall dude. Really? He's the guy who was going to take over Victor Newman's lynchpin role as the wealthy patriarch who leaves women of a certain age moist? Watching Grampa No-Lips maul Jill's poor neck... ugh. SO not the reaction I presume TIIC wanted to elicit. Unless Tucker McElvis was just a bargaining chip to get Eric Braeden to re-sign on Sony's terms. Does this mean that when the Mustache returns, Gramps will be sent back to the Big Bad World of High Finance from whence he came?

Also... his "trendy, luxurious" loft was horrendous, complete with that pinewood kitchen from 1977. That set looked suspiciously like Murphy's trailer.

• Members

God, today's episode was horrific and boring as hell.

I do not like this Billy Abbott. I wish a GH could be pulled and they should get David Tom back and write the character the way he used to be and was meant to be. This interpretation is not amusing, is too petulant, not interesting, and lacks drive. I want to know who the hell at this show thinks this version of this character is leading man material? They obviously need to get their heads checked (but we knew that already).

All the characters on this show are either unsympathetic, dull, psychotic, or stupid. It's hard to take any character seriously anymore, none of them are properly defined, they're caricatures.

I really hate this pathetic interpretation of Phyllis too. What the f.uck ever. :rolleyes:

This whole Ryder and Daniel nonsense. :rolleyes:

Why do all the 'A' stories on this show feel like thin 'C' stories? God, this show is such a farce, and once again, the dialogue on today's show made me roll my eyes several times.

Adam and Sharon. :rolleyes: I think Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson had more chemistry and charisma together. <_<

Will this show ever be somewhat decent creatively again? Things have just been getting worse and worse with this show.

• Members

Daniel and his "everyone is getting over it" referring to Colleen's death. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Get over what? Where was the fallout from that death?!?! What strong ramifications did her death have? Oh, wait, it propelled Billy to write some trashy articles about the Newman's in Restless Style. That was the BIG impact of that death. :rolleyes:<_<

I hate this writing team, they intentionally brush over all of their mistakes and try to give up the impression that they deal with their mistakes, when they don't. It pisses me off.

But seeing as it's a Tom Casiello episode and he was pimping the hell out her Colleen's death (or the story around it) on his Twitter in September, I'm not surprised. I've always found his Y&R episodes terribly flat in their execution.

• Members

Amen.

And Maria expects the audience to root for Giggly Heffa & The Baldwin-Fishers when they have never & never will have ANY empathy or regard for ANYONE.

Exactly.

And Daniel telling Billy to GET OVER HIS NIECE DEATH?!

Daniel is second only to Cane in needing to die.

• Members

I think that the trust is gone between the writing pool and us (not all viewers, though, as the ratings are still holding firm, although I don't totally buy the highly flawed Neilsens anyway). They could conceiveably start writing somewhat better, but the beating of drums is at a crescendo and people just want them gone. They don't trust them to sustain the quality.

If they wrote Billy Abbott the way you want him to be written, I honestly do believe that Miller would be able to deliver. Truly. It's just that they are giving him this shtick and the actor (like every other actor on this show, might I add) is just coasting. Seriously. They are all coasting. I know Kay Chancellor is the most beloved character on earth but I honestly cannot stomach her now and Jeanne Cooper's garbling is perhaps the worst of the lot. I especially hate it when she fawns over Amber (who I hated on B&B and hate here, too), Daniel, Chipmunk, Tucker McNursingHome etc., to the detriment of Jill, Jack and the Abbotts in general.

• Members

I swear, DeeDeeee. I always thought the Mustache was a decrepit old goat but he and Eric Braeden do whateverthefuck they want on set and sometimes that is entertainment enough. Peepaw McCall looks like he's prepping for the Elvis competition being held at the retirement home in Pensacola.

• Members

I think they fail epically at basic soap opera elements like pacing, building up to stuff, romance, family dynamics, enemy dynamics, etc. If they can't get that, then they can't get the big picture or what Y&R is all about. The trust is gone though, it's been months and months worth of downright horrendous material that Y&R has produced.

The thing with Billy Miller is that I think he fails epically at subtlety, and his scenes with people like Jess Walton, Jeanne Cooper, Mac (though she's another complete disaster of a character under this writing team), and Chloe tend to be so off, it's like he's not able to connect to these characters/actors.

I also don't think Miller is any good at doing emotional scenes.

Yep, they use Jeanne and Katherine to push their agendas with these useless wastes of space.

Archived