AMC to air in Australia

• Members

B&B now airs on two networks - Diva Universal and Hallmark. I've noticed since the Zone channels rebranded to CBS, and the schedule changed, Days is no longer pulling in the ratings it was. Dynasty and Falcon Crest have taken its spot. And TBF, the timeslots for Days/Y&R/GL aren't that good, especially for poor ol' GL, which airs in the middle of the night at 3am or something.

And don't forget, Days still airs in Oz on Nine. They're currently airing Nov 2008 eps.

So basically, OLTL is the only one we need to drum up some international business for. And seeing as I'm currently watching it, and it will be last in the ratings once ATWT ends, I think it needs all the help it can get. If only Daytime soaps could come back into fashion; I know of several networks it could work well on.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd argue about GH's day to day writing--I think the dialogue is often cringe inducing.

AMC, at its core would seem to fit the Aussie sensibility better than some of the other American soaps--young love, campy broad characters, emphasis on family... Of course AMC hasn't really excelld in any of these for some time, but...

• Members

Which is why this Franco stuff stinks so bad. It had potential, but it's lacking. The wrong characters are interesting with him. And not surprisingly Marsha Thomason is wasted. I'm sure she'd be willing to work more than James Franco and they could use her to tie him into the canvas better. But I do think GH is well written. The scripts are well paced so the episodes don't feel long. I like that characters pop up all throughout the episode. It feels almost like a primetime show. It's very easy to watch. I just gloss over the bad stuff like B&B.

Archived