AMC to air in Australia

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the Angie/Jesse stuff was must see tv and they kinda peaked at their weddding and sizzled down by the summer. So about 4-5 months of some good stuff. Unforutnetatly this also was filled with Ryan's amnesia and Greenlee obsessing over him which was horrible. I think the only other thing I can remember was Ritchie plotting to win over Babe and bring down JR

• Members

That's interesting. I wonder why they picked AMC? And why are they airing Corrie so far behind?

I had forgotten about their newly launched Freeview service. They also gonna be airing Passions (either reruns or never-before-seen-episodes on Oz TV).

• Members

Wow, so the return of Passions AND AMC is coming? I bet the producers will be trying to get international sales more and more now. We recently got GH in the UK which was a success (but the channel rebranded and cut it). Y&R, GL, DAYS and I *think* B&B are airing in the UK for two years now. GL and ATWT are going to begin airing in China soon. And in Australia you have Passions, AMC, Y&R and B&B (which is huuuuuuuuge).

I also am wondering why they chose AMC though. Maybe because it's lighter and brighter they think it'll steal some of B&B's audience? It seems like General Hospital would be the smartest choice. Honestly, not knowing the history of the show, it IS very good to a new viewer. I recall my UK friends raving about it and loving the mob. It also has the best day-to-day writing.

Archived