November 16-20, 2009

Toups

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC Daytime as a whole is a mess. Those shows depend on each other. Viewers are now more and more likely to just reject the entire lineup -- it's no surprise that all of their shows have the same ratings. Even GH, which gets such hype and far more money than the others, is not doing well.

I don't know if they can find worse than Hogan, although now that I've said that they will. I hope they don't hire Passanante.

• Members

I think we should chalk the entire 2009 to a complete mess - the "writers" appear to be "writing" as if they really just want to get the year over with. Frankly none of it was any good and last but not least it was inconsistent. It appears the m.o. these days is we are on a 3-6 month s/l arc where the s/l completeley changes LOL at the drop of a hat and we are left with, huh, what, wtf!!

I sure hope the start of 2010 will be a tad better. I really want to know what the "vision" is for this show because I have not a bloody clue.

• Members

At this point I dont care anymore. The show still could raise their ratings. Days is proof of that. But with Goutman and the hack writers at the helm this show doesnt stand a chance. Goutman is a cancer to ATWT. He needed to leave long time ago. He doesn't know what makes a good soap anymore. The sweeps month was going to be watched and ATWT didnt do squat in the ratings. Brad's death turned into a big failure with Ghost Brad. Nuke is just a waste of airtime. They should be fired now. Katie needs to be backburned. ATWT needs new blood in EP and capable writers. ATWT needs to bring the show back to focus on the Hughes family and fire a lot of dead weight...Trent Dawson...would be one..and so would Grayson McCouch..I never liked his version of Dusty anyway.

So if the ax falls on ATWT we only have Goutman and Pissy to blame. Yes.....YOU GOUTMAN!!...

• Members

I don't even know if Hogan had a good year, but then I was put off by his hatchet jobs on Craig and Barbara, among others, so I'm very biased.

I still think there's a chance for ATWT if they can get it together. I grew up with the show so I will still care if it's gone. I lost a lot of interest in ATWT this decade but I think the pieces are still there. I just wish they bothered to focus on them. All this stuff like stunt casting only goes so far.

Guest dc cubs

Congrats to Days on tying B&B for second place in HH ratings! What a shame that only one soap rose in ratings over last week and last year during a sweeps month.

• Members

Total Viewers

1. Y&R 4,817,000 (-98,000/-263,000)

2. B&B 3,230,000 (-46,000/-341,000)

3. DAYS 3,124,000 (+69,000/+426,000)

4. GH 2,655,000 (-163,000/-164,000)

5. AMC 2,531,000 (-222,000/-59,000)

6. OLTL 2,528,000 (-164,000/-152,000)

7. ATWT 2,385,000 (-67,000/-270,000)

Days proves Daytime TV is not dead. Great drama at a good old pace, No stunts, Character driven storylines, Great acting. It pays off in the long run, we can all see that.

Days is up compared to last year by almost half a million viewers on a sweeps period. The only show going against the industry's downward 'trend' in a big way.

• Members

I did too but it pisses me off when the people in charge dont give two S H I T S to fix what is wrong with this show. Did Goutman actually think Ghost Brad would bring in the ratings?? REally did he think so?? Brad's death was nicely done but after that the show went back to its S H I T T Y writing. And tell me why is Trent Dawson shown more than all the vets combined??????? Why bring Tom Pelphrey to ATWT?? I am so sick of stunt casting. ATWT needs to go back to its roots of family based stories. I dont feel Brad Ghost brings anything to ATWT at this moment. Please dump Nuke..they serve no purpose on the show anymore. Both actors suck!! So much could be done with the budget they have to save this show..

MY SHOW!!

• Members

They need to bring Martha Byrne back, send Nuke to the moon..im over them, go back to family based stories like you said. This show is a hot mess. I can't stomach a whole episode of ATWT right now and yes, it was (past tense) also my show

only watching Carly and Jack on YT and old 1980's episodes online.

Archived