November 16-20, 2009

Toups

• Members

I wouldn't mind Henry if they put him in more scenes with Barbara.

If it were me, I would bring back a few Hughes, a few of Emma's kids, write out a lot of the younger set, and replace them with some of the other Stewart or Hughes or Snyder children. What about Andy's daughter Hope? Frannie or Sabrina may have kids. Annie's quads probably have some teenagers, with soap rapid aging.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A big word to the bolded part. The ratings for ATWT starting dropping when Martha was let go. I think a lot of Carly and Jack fans have left. They got tired of Carly being trashed and ruined by the writers.

Seriously ....Trent Dawson being visited by Austin Peck as a ghost doesnt equal ratings success. What moron thought so??

Geesh...I think a lot of posters on SON could EP this show better than Goutman has done so far.

I just shake my head at what ATWT has become. The sad part is that this show is still salvageable if someone gave a damn about it.

• Members

Why is it that you always post your thoughts above the quoted text you're replying to? I never know what the hell you're talking about until I scroll down to the quote. I generally like reading your posts but I just don't understand why you do that.

Perish the thought.....though I don't think we'll ever see her employed at Y&R. Honestly, I don't know who they need to hire over there but something needs to be done. The show is in terrible shape and there's no signs of it getting any better.

And, kind of OT, but is it driving anyone else nuts the way the soap press & especially Nelson Branco keeps heaping praise onto Stacy Haiduk? I think she's a talented actress but I just don't find her compelling in any sort of way. Never would I tune in just to see Haiduk or Patty or Emily. She's not at all what they're making her out to be.

The thing is though I don't find ATWT to be that bad the past couple months- in fact, I think it's been pretty good. They FINALLY ended Paul & Meg (THANK GOD!) and put him back with Emily, who he's always had tons of chemistry with. Unfortunately, they're not featured much. I know I'm in the minority, but I like Ghost Brad and really everything to do with Brad's death. This road trip that Jack & Carly are on, meeting up with past Oakdale residents, has been enjoyable and I can't wait til they find their way back to each other and we get a total Janet/Carly bitchfight. Yeah, the ratings aren't great, but they didn't bleed as many viewers as Y&R and frankly, the quality is a whole helluva lot better than that of Y&R right now.

It's totally salvageable- they have their vets, they have some of the most talented actors in daytime, the show still looks pretty good considering the budget, they just need to bring it together.

And I was never a Martha Byrne fan- and have always LOVED Noelle Beck, so I don't mind her as Lily. I agree that the character is totally different now but I still enjoy Noelle's interpretation.

• Members

I agree that some parts of ATWT are decent. I liked the whole road trip thing. I don't mind the ghost Brad but I think he has been around too long and the scenes are too repetitive. Other parts of ATWT don't work for me, I think it is the storytelling and the drabness of some of the characters. I hope if ATWT gets a chance they can work on some of this. I think those who say Goutman should go probably have a good point.

A lot of the time I think Lily is just a played out character, whether Martha or Noelle or whoever is in the role.

• Members

what? are you serious?

reached its peak? cant get any higher? even if that was true, it reached a damn good peak. going from the bottom of the pack and almost getting the axe to being the only soap to have substantial gains and to reach number 2? Way to go.

Exactly. Franco is hype, not ratings. Franco fans are not going to tune into GH. Hes a great actor, not one of these actors with a huge draw and a crazy fanbase. I dont know what anyone expected.

Wow. If overrated is bringing in 1 million viewers and taking them when you leave, then yes she is. Damn, Genie Francis couldnt even do that.

Actually IMHO Marcil is the exception to the rule that actors/characters dont drive ratings, the overall show does. I always LOL when fanbases claim the ratings on such and such day went up or down because of such and such character. Thats such bullshit. The overall show = the ratings. The only people leaving when a actors leaves or a couple breaks up are the crazy fanbases and most of those people watch youtube clips anyways.

THANK YOU! And so well deserved too. Congrats to DAYS.

This shows that a slow build is what soaps need, not a sudden boom in the ratings. Hoepfully they can keep it up.

• Administrator

I'm greedy. For THAT WEEK, the climax of a one year story, where Sami confronts Nicole and gets Sydney back,....I wanted the moon and the stars! I wanted sole second place in HHs and Total Viewers, I wanted an increase in demos (both in viewers and rating), I wanted +100,000 gains. I'm happy about DAYS' rise, but I'm greedy. :)

• Members

2. DAYS 2.3/8 (+.1/+.3) --------> (Last time in 2nd place: June 7-11, 2004)

2. B&B 2.3/8 (-.1/-.3)

I wish DOOL's rise in the rankings wasn't predicated on another show tanking. I am happy that a show that ass NBC guy threatened to cancel is thriving, relatively speaking. I really believe he personally caused their ratings collapse. He told everyone the show was going to be canceled, and they lost something like 0.5 worth of viewers. It took this long to get stabilized.

So when was the last time DOOL raked in a 2.4?

• Members

I don't know what will bring back ATWT viewers. I'm loving the show overall, so I don't really understand the drop in the ratings. I guess the cheesy congressman stuff with Molly might have driven some people away for Nov 16-20 like I was afraid it might? But that was just for a couple days.

I think some of the ratings problem, but just a small part, may be because no more GL has meant boycotting, and people being out of the soap habit at that time of day.

More of a Hughes emphasis probably wouldn't hurt, but I don't know that it would help much either. Ratings were also low during the summer when the great Bob/Kim medical storyline, and Adam reveal with Tom and Margo and Casey also on the frontburner, were going on.

The show is already starting to emphasize family more, and should continue with this. I agree that bringing back Martha Byrne might help, although I personally am OK with Noelle Beck.

Getting rid of Nuke would *not* help, you'd just lose the Nuke viewers.

Tom Pelphrey's lone day of the week, Wednesday the 18th, got the highest rating for the week for ATWT, 1.9. This was also the lone day for Barbara, Paul, Emily and the non-Nuke younger crowd (Casey/Alli/Hunter/Maddie). Might not mean anything, but interesting, I'd like to see if it's also the case in future weeks that Barbara, Mick, Pem, or the college kids bring in the viewers. Wed. the 18th's higher rating might also be because Carly caught up with Molly and Jack that day.

Fingers crossed CBS will still renew! They need to invest in and promote the show as well, to give it a chance to rebound in the ratings.

I am still optimistic that ATWT will have a good rest of November and December in the ratings!

Archived