November 16-20, 2009

Toups

• Members

I think their ratings now, and their collapse has less to do with the content of the show than people think. DOOL is decent these days but there is no way it has been conistently good all this year. There was a spell where the baby story was mired down in nothing blabbing, and the show had very little going on. The last few weeks were really good, but there were spells in 2007 and 2008 when the show was better if you ask me. Ratings disagree, but that's the way I see it.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

there have been time this year that the show dropped and was rather bland, however they were few and far between. and the overall storyline still carried the show. the question of when and how the bomb will drop and the fallout kept people watching, along with the several b and c stories told at the same time.

this has been the best days has been consistently since the start of this decade IMHO. no, not perfect, again it was dragged and bland at times, but overall very good and strong and solid. i think the focus days had it what made it able to gain and hold an audience.

• Members

I honestly found the story about Morgan's father (was her name Morgan?) better, as it was not the usual baby or pairing fare, and really got the whole Kiriakis/DiMera feud going. Was that 2008 or 2009? I also liked the college rapist storyline. It featured all dayplayers but it kept my interest. Victor vs Stefano I think was the clear highlight this year. John Aniston can do no wrong in my book.

• Members

Oh, i agree. i loved the storyline with morgan and her father and am sad they dropped it. it was 08. when Philip was with Morgan. Good stuff, but i dont think since 2001 days has had one clear overall story and vision for year until this year and thats why the ratings have gone up and stayed up.

• Members

I have never watched Days but I am doing the "rain dance" hoping that they just pass B&B by...then they can make their slow trek onto Y&R next. I see my "raindance for Y&R worked for these past ratings!! :lol: Frankly, it's time for CBS to cut the Bells loose and if they are as innovative as I think they are, they should think about developing their own show.

• Members

Brad Bell can give us the first soap opera specifically about incest, heavily featuring fading primetime TV names and former Y&R cast members.

Brenda Dickson can no longer resist her feelings for her possible son, played by Wilmer Valderrama. Watch the sparks fly.

Archived