B&B: Casting and a Lavish Wedding

• Members

"Betty White returns to B&B as Ann Douglas beginning November 18 for multiple episodes. It has been one year since White has appeared as the mother of Stephanie and Pamela Douglas."

Judging by the latest issue of CBS SiD the Victoria & Brad wedding was filmed on location and looks stunning. It should air about the same time as Betty White's return.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now, now, cut that out! :lol: These are legacy B&B characters, Katie Logan and Bill Spencer Jr. (But I'll admit that the performers, and my historical tie to them, are the main thing causing me to tune into B&B these days).

• Members

Hahaha :lol:...it is the only reason I am tuning in because of Victoria & Brad!! :lol: I haven't watched B&B in 13 years because of the Brooke/Ridge merry-go-round and incest-like s/ls but after seeing the cover of SID I am tuning in for this wedding and then I will be gone again LOL!

• Members

They are a good couple but not so much because they play B&B but former Y&R legacy characters...

It's the writing, but Heather Tom's Katie is as much Katie (CEO of FC!?) as she would being played by Joan Collins and Bill Spencer Jr. is a last-minute invention so I wouldn't call him legacy either. So they're Victoria & BeardBrad...

• Members

Psyched to see Joanna Johnson. And Brad & Victoria or Bill & Katie... who cares, DD and HT are making this couple work like no other. Watching Beard and Boobs undress each other with their eyes is by far more exciting than a full-on Bridge or Nidget love scene. In my humble opinion.

• Members

Oh, yes, I can't deny it. Heather has slowly been morphing pimply-faced insecure Katie into a sexy CEO. You're right...she's Victoria, LOL.

Okay, you have convinced me. "Beard and Boobs undress each other with their eyes". I'll never forget that line from now on! And it's true.

Oh, it's so true. I mean, you get a sense of what Y&R could have had in their Brad-Victoria pairing if Diamont had been allowed to play his arrogant sexuality, and Tom had still been playing Victoria.

The couple to have KILLED for would have been Tom's Victoria with Leblanc's Michael. They started that just before she left Y&R, and it was like something out of a Tracy and Hepburn film. It was amazing. Which is another reason I want Lauren/Michael/Gloria to come to LA.

• Members

Betty's probably pretty well known among younger audiences, with her movie work and the Golden Girls reruns. To older viewers she's familiar but she was one of many comic actresses, but she's much more rare for younger viewers, because a lot of those actors are gone now.

• Members

It may be that Bullock/Reynolds flick this summer ("The Proposal") also gave her some more youthful currency to the next generation audience.

But B&B skews old...oldest on daytime. So maybe they're embracing their identity.

• Members

I think they did that more in the days when they had George Hamilton and Phyllis Diller as special guest stars. Besides Betty White, who may have some appeal to the youth demo (or may not), they also had Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother; that show tends to have fairly young demos, and they were a popular couple on that show.

I guess the show's real problem has always been a lack of strong young characters, but they have gotten close before (Amber, CJ, Becky). Too bad their new young generation is Steffy.

Archived