All: Claire Labine Interview

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ES seems to be very unhappy whenever Viki's on the back burner, which of course seems like an obvious statement, but a part of me is like, "You've been busting your ass on the front burner for damn near 40 years, enjoy your light days!" And naturally, she seems to love love love whoever's running the show when Viki is front and center, regardless of what craptasticness is going on with the other citizens of Llanview. All of those FOJ seem to have that in common, "Well she was always wonderful to ME", well you know, that's great, but when it's YOU getting the shaft as some of your castmates become the new EP's little darlings, I don't want to hear it.

• Members

Well I've been contemplating this idea since the production quality for Y&R has gone down in spades,(Have you seen GH lately, it looks better than Y&R right now.) which is a no brainer considering who is producing the show next to MAB. Like WorldTurner, I think JFP would excell if paired with a capable HW like she had on Guiding Light.

• Members

I remember reading a quote from Peter Bergman, saying that he thought OLTL (during the JFP/No-HW era) was an adult, sexy soap opera.

:mellow:

Wasn't the majority of the Jenn Rappaport Show during the Gary Tomlin and Broderick/Whitesell teamwork? JFP was gone by 2001 and infected GH by the height of the Jenn Rappaport Hour.

No, nothing really. Found Harding Lemay's interview much more interesting.

• Members

Thanks. I'm glad she realizes that she helped the character of Olivia.

I guess they didn't have plans for Holly/Olivia after all? That wasn't mentioned in the interview.

She was much more fond of the Edmund/Beth story than I was. I liked them more when she was Lorelei.

That's interesting about how hard she pushed Billy/Holly/Buzz. At the time I think a lot of fans dismissed it as trying to dump all the vets into one story to save time.

• Members

I loved DAM as Edmund. The Edmund/Beth romance and his close relationship with Susan and Lizzie were the best. So of course, GL gets rid of him in favor of the horrific actor who played Richard. This show made mistake after mistake over the years. This is why I didn't blink when it was cancelled.

Archived