AMC: Possible returns for 40th Anniversary

• Members

Since this will probably be their last milestone anniversary (50th won't happen, and am pretty doubtful they'll make it to 45), it would be nice if they were to bring back some legacy actors/characters from the 70s and 80s just for one last time. Characters like Nick Davis, Mark Dalton, and Paul Martin still have ties to the canvass. Francesca James still has an association with the series, as sometime director and friend of JHC, so I could see her putting in an appearance, which could pave the way for some Tylers. Given this regime, I'm not counting on any of this, but again, one last time to see these characters would be cool.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do have to give the show some props in the "bringing back old favorites for special episodes" category for the last couple of years. Even if you weren't a fan of the 35th anniversary episode, Phoebe's funeral episode, or Myrtle's funeral episode, you have to admit that they did a somewhat decent job in the area of getting some people to come back. I never thought someone like Francesca James would appear on the show again, but lo and behold, she did two episodes this decade.

• Members

I would like to see Palmer get a nice farewell. I think it would be great if Nina, Tom, Brooke, Jamie, Chuck, Donna, Benny, Kelly, Linc, Skye, Jeff, Tara and Kelsey all came back for the Anniversary, but I don't think ABC is interested in the shows history prior to Megan McTavish's creations. And at the same time, I would love, just love to see so many flash backs from the show's rich history, but at the same time, just like on Myrtle's funeral episode, all of those flashbacks, it was like they were showing clips from a different show. JHC changed the look of Pine Valley so much.

• Members

I don't think there was a purpose in Maria returning, but if Eva was interested, then I'm surprised they turned her down. Aside from the Kelly Ripa gimmick, I wonder if they are going to try to avoid returns, since the show isn't that much about fans now anyway. Pratt probably thinks the show's anniversary is a year since he took over.

• Members

:lol::lol: Turrible!

I like Eva/Maria, but I can't think of any justifiable reason for her character's return. Edmund and Julia are dead, Erica could care less about her former in-law, no Brooke to chat with even, uhhh, who else?

Archived