AMC: Possible returns for 40th Anniversary

• Members

My problem isn't with Eva - I actually preferred Maria in the botched return to the smug Saint Maria of the Push-Up Bra, the doctor who didn't even know she was pregnant for five months - as much as I just don't see why she is coming back. Aidan is going, Zach is going, and she probably won't have any scenes with them anyway. If they're just bringing her back to have a scene with Mateo, then why not use this money to have returns for classic characters who still have relatives in town?

I would love to see Nick Davis return one last time and ask Erica why she is hanging all over Ryan.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I completely agree...but I think that Kate Collins' Janet is the 'true' Janet, if that makes any sense. Robin's character is more Jane Cox than Janet Green IMO. I agree about Nick Davis being necessary, though he would seem so out of place in 2010's Pine Valley.

• Members

Same here.

That coupling ruined the character of Janet. I liked RM in the role, but it was all downhill after the Trevor hookup. I could understand him tolerating Janet (for Amanda's sake), but actually falling in love with and marrying her?!

It was too much.

And to everyone who thinks KC's Janet is too over-the-top:

I'm not saying Janet has to be totally batsh!t crazy again. KC only plays her like that when it's written that Janet is off her medication.

She is capable of playing it more subtle (nutty, but not over-the-top):

• Members

Well, that's the material - which she pulled off well, whether we like the direction or not.

I still prefer Mattson's version. KC's Janet was pretty much whatever Natalie was not... and that was it. Mattson's Janet was far more than just the "kooky opposite of her sister" - she fleshed out an entire character of her own, well beyond being defined by Natalie. I see Mattson as a whole character of her own, and KC's version as a counterpoint to Nat.

But, you know, different strokes for different folks... B)

Archived