AMC: Possible returns for 40th Anniversary

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get the feeling that all this is going to be is Hayley showing interview clips she did with each character. That's how it all has to do with her show. I don't think that the characters will be interacting with each other or with the rest of the cast.

Eden tweeted that she would only be on for "a hot second". Which makes sense: the show is only 30-something minutes long and there are 8 people to get to.

ETA: In support of this theory, SOD Online says that Eden will be taping her appearance in LA.

• Members

I read that Eden said she'd be on for "hot minute" something like that. Makes me think it might have more to do with whatever it is for Hayley's talk show stuff. Maybe it's just Bianca on tape for a minute

LOL I think Pratt's head would explode. It would rock if she said "Well I see you LOVE to copy my work and call it your own" :lol:

• Members

I was hoping that it would be some kind of tribute to Ray MacDonnell, who's retiring, but it doesn't sound that way. I'm beyond thrilled that Julia Barr is back. Knowing that she hasn't totally broken ties with the show and that her bitterness has probably subsided can keep me dreaming that maybe she's consent to do a long-term return at some point. I doubt that Frons would allow it, but a boy can dream. I've watched the show for over 30 years, and I have to say that her dismissal after shamefully being asked to go recurring (it was for all intents and purposes, a firing) was one of the biggest slaps to the fans. I met her once outside the old studio on 66th St back in the mid-80s. I saw her exiting the studio as I was walking home from the subway. I was used to seeing the actors on the street, but I never wanted to be one of "those fans." This time I decided to say hello. I complimented her on her acting. She was just so genuinely friendly, down to earth, and not at all pretentious, which also shone through in her performances. The same can't be said for some of the other actors on the show that I've met, but that's a whole different thread LOL. Really happy that she's back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow she only left three years ago? It feels longer :( Seriously as a fan that was the ONE thing, writing her off without even a goodbye MENTION, that really did almsot make me turn off the show (and that's saying a LOT). It'll be awesome to see her again

It would be cool but I guess impossible in the current soapbudget if they could do what they did for the 25th--when they just PACKED Joe and Ruth's new house with past characters--some barely even got ONE line and I admit at the time I didn'tknow who half of them were but...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Interview with La Lucci about the move and 40th Anniversary episodes. She talks about the "format" of the 40th Anniversary episodes. I'm scared. I think it confirms what some were saying here that it basically revolves around Hayley's talk show. It could be really good, or really bad.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/2009/interviews/hollywood-christmas-parade-interviews/

• Members

Thanks for the interview:

"MICHAEL:

Ryan, Greenlee and Erica will possibly have a triangle in the New Year. Are you looking forward to that story?

SUSAN:

I have no doubts about that. The Ryan/Erica thing is very new and we have had some fun stuff to play just before Thanksgiving"

I guess I missed that "fun stuff"... :S

• Members

Lucky for me I haven't seen one scene of them. However, I do love the rest of Susan's quote which gives me hope and I may be back watching after all. We'll see.

SUSAN:

I have no doubts about that. The Ryan/Erica thing is very new and we have had some fun stuff to play just before Thanksgiving" and certainly Greenlee coming back into the picture will complicate things. I think it might also mean that Jackson may be back, so we can have a lot of complications all the way around.

• Members

I'm assuming JM will tape an isolated piece on the west coast like Eden did, so he probably won't be interacting with anyone (unless Taylor Miller is on the west coast and hasn't taped her bit yet?). I really don't think any of the returnees, except Hayley & Mateo, are going to be interacting with anyone.

Archived